FORTY FIVE

Mizuki

I think my legs have gotten paler. Life has gotten paler.

I think it did for everyone. Why make promises you are unable to keep?

"I'm right behind you." Has been edged in my memories for the past week and has been haunting me nonstop.

Cassius was not right behind me. In fact, he was nowhere to be seen. After I came out from the bright light, it disappeared afterwards, along with Elarian and Cassius.

My mind has been trying to convince me that he was gone, but my heart didn't want to believe that. My heart was too fragile to believe such things. It was also holding the weight of Mylo's death too so another would just let it crumble.

Speaking of Mylo, not only was Rhys refusing to accept it, but he refused to see Remy, who was by his father's side the moment that man placed him on the floor.

Poor pup didn't even know he was not napping but instead gone.

Now, Remy has no idea why he hasn't seen his parents in a week, but we tried to keep him happy and content.

That wasn't all, I was now in a position of more responsibilities. If I had known that drinking that concoction would leave me with everyone's abilities, I wouldn't have done it.

Now, I was left with the task of finding a way to give them back and bring Mylo back from the dead, all while parenting three pups.

The week flew by and before I knew it people from the moon kingdom started popping up one by one claiming I was neglecting my duties as their new ruler and I was this close to telling them all to go die in the nearest ditch.

But, I kept my calm.

Not only was I not allowed to live on Oridian, but I could not live on earth either. I had to move in to where Elarian lived no matter how I refused some men who claimed they were her royal advocate and was in charge of her every move.

As of right now, my main priority was resurrecting my dead best friend.

This leads us to right now, me tearing down the walls of the library trying to find something, anything on this.

So far, I've found nothing, and I was frustrated.

"I've found nothing."

"Well keep looking." I told him.

"Come down."

Sighing, I started to climb down the ladder until I was being lifted and placed on a table filled with books.

Using his hands to guide my legs apart, he stood in between them while I looked down.

"You know this isn't your fault."

It sure felt like it.

"Right?"

He dragged his hand up my thighs, leaning down so his face was inches from mine.

I met his eyes, and a soft smile made its way to my lips.

"Right, but I'm still going to try for Rhys." I said, and he nodded, wrapping his arms around me, and I did the same, taking in his comforting scent.

"Have you spoken to him?" I asked, still holding on to him.

"Rhys?"

"Mhmm."

"No, I can't find the heart too, I'm not mad at what he did, but I wish he would have talked to me." Zephyr said, rubbing my lower back.

"I want to see him. Do you know where he is?" I asked, and I felt him shake his head.