12. Back to Ishwarpur 🚗

The Rathore family gathered around the dinner table, the atmosphere warm and familial. The aroma of freshly made chapatis and savory dishes filled the air. As they enjoyed their meal, the conversation naturally turned to Vikrant and Meera's upcoming visit to Ishwarpur.

Arjun, always full of ideas, suggested, "Bhaiya, Bhabhi, instead of coming back in just two days, why don't you stay a bit longer and enjoy Ishwarpur? You could visit the Mahadev temple after the pag phera rasam. It would be a nice trip."

Anjali's eyes lit up as she remembered. "Oh, that's right! I completely forgot about the temple visit."

Prithvi thought for a moment, then nodded in agreement. "Arjun has a point. It doesn't make sense for you to return home and then go back the next day. You'll already be halfway there. You should extend the trip."

Vikrant glanced at Meera and then nodded. "That sounds like a good plan." Turning to Meera, he added in a gentle but firm tone, "Meera, you'll need to pack another bag with enough clothes for the extended stay."

Anjali added, "And make sure to pack some good sarees along with jewelry. You'll need to wear them when you visit the temple."

Meera nodded, making a mental note of everything she needed to prepare. "Ji, Maaji. I'll pack everything."

Later that night, Meera went to Bulbul's room and found her packing her school bag. Bulbul looked up briefly and then continued with her task, her mood visibly subdued. Meera approached her gently.

"Bulbul, do you need any help with your packing?" Meera asked softly.

Bulbul shook her head. "No, Bhabhi. I can do it."

Meera knew that Bulbul was upset about the extended trip. She walked over and hugged Bulbul from behind, resting her chin on her shoulder. "Don't be upset, Bulbul. We'll be back before you know it."

Bulbul sighed but couldn't stay upset for long. Meera's presence was comforting. "What do you want for breakfast tomorrow?" Meera asked, trying to distract her.

Bulbul looked up, her eyes brightening a little. "Bhabhi, you're leaving tomorrow. You don't need to worry about breakfast."

Meera smiled. "We'll leave after breakfast. So, what do you want?"

Bulbul thought for a moment. "Ma always gives paratha and vegetable in my lunch."

Meera nodded. "Hmm..okay, now you have a good sleep and do not be sad. Good Night!" She tucked Bulbul into bed, giving her a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room.

Meera entered her bedroom to find Vikrant half-lying on the bed, his head resting against the headboard, absorbed in a book. He looked up as she entered and gave her a small smile.

"Come here," he said gently.

Meera took small, shy steps towards him. Vikrant patted the spot next to him on the bed. "Sit with me for a while."

"Ji, I need to pack our bags," Meera said, though she felt a flutter of warmth at his request.

Vikrant reached out, gently holding her hand and pulling her to sit beside him. "You've been working all day. Let me pack the bags. You need to rest."

Meera was surprised by his offer. "You... you want to pack the bags?" she asked, her eyes widening in disbelief.

Vikrant chuckled at her adorable expression, her mouth slightly open in an "o" shape. He leaned in and pecked her nose tip. "Yes, I'll pack the bags. You need to take care of yourself too."