CHAPTER ONE

The phone Infront of her kept on ringing and try as she might she had ignored it for far too long. Honestly couldn't they do any work without her? She thought.

"Gabriel, do I need to find another assistant?" She lectured wiping her face with her towel . She paused the treadmill and decided to forgo the rest of her morning workout.

" I thought you looked for another model after the previous one did not show up." She paused out of breathe.

"Well then find another one, the presentation isn't till the afternoon I'm sure you can find one by then, and Gabriel, I better find her by the time I'm there. See you in 40." She explained frustrated thinking how incompetent Gabriel could be sometimes.

How hard was is it for this millennial to get the job done right, without having to be followed around.

" Oh and Gabriel, if you don't know how to do your job save me the time and get me some one who does ." She knew she was hard on him sometimes, but she had to be tough, she gave credit when it was due and she figured if he would make it in this industry he had to have the guts to see through every hard challenge that came his way.

She went over to the sink in the kitchen to clear her breakfast dishes then remembered how her dishwasher had been acting up, and her sink was damaged it kept on leaking and she swore it had a hairline crack. So much for a good morning . She had to call a plumber to take care of the problem, one more thing on her to-do list.

She was needed at work so she would probably call them from there or Gabriel  would do it for her.

She climbed up the stairs of her loft as she undressed thinking how she needed to get there fast, the last thing she needed was another project gone wrong and investors backing out due to incompetence.

She showered faster than she would have liked ,did her morning ritual and was out heading to her car. As it came to life, she checked on her rearview mirror if she had her mascara on right and if the lipstick was out of line.

Before she could pull out of the drive way, her neighbor waved a hello, he was a tall lean man, he always said hey to her every morning, always had a newspaper in his hand and a cap on, funny enough, she had never seen his face never even met the man in person.

He had a black dog, a Chewbacca it had a red bandana around its neck, so adorable it's feet were white it looked like it had shoes on . If not for it, he would have gone unnoticed by her. As she drove off she could have sworn she saw the guy from her fender mirror look some few minutes too long. It brought  a chill down her spine. she ignored it just as soon as she felt it.

" Miss Jennar, you're early I thought you said you'd be here in 40?" Gabriel anxiously said.

"It's Jennar to you, I thought we were past formalities, and check your watch Gabriel, now, talk to me." She said as she walked to her office making Gabriel look at his watch surprised he had been so busy he had not realized time had passed by so quickly.

As they entered the office, Gabriel engaged her on the matters at hand and the dilemmas that were making him ran mad. "I swear if you weren't so cute, I'd have your neck by now. How are we still late on the set up I thought all this was cleared last week? You know what, never mind, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself." She said more to herself as she started getting down to business.

By 12 noon, the presentation was over, the investors had eaten up every word, everything had gone smoothly and as she went back to her office, all the staff  gave her a round of applause for a job well done. Her client called her once she sat down and thanked her as well, safe to say, she had closed a one in a million deal.

Running a business was not all rainbows and roses and being the CEO came with it's challenges. She had once been in Gabriel's shoes and had worked her way up the ladder . He thought he had it rough, try working with nothing but papers and pens.

She sounded old enough but her age shocked those that were curious to know it , six and twenty all grown up, climbing the cooperate ladder, she would do everything life had brought on all over again if it meant being where she is right now .

As she got off the phone with another potential client, she recalled she was to ask Gabriel to  look into her house problem. She called a plumber who said he would show up at 5 off the clock. she figured she had done a good job today, why not reward herself. so she called her friend who was ever  on standby for some celebratory wine and dining.

"Hey spring, just had a breakthrough with the client i was telling you about. Yes girl, i just sealed the deal. can we meet up to celebrate? " she said swinging on her office chair.

"ok, see you then. " she hang up looking forward to her date at seven.

She figured she would call it a day despite it being 2, and go take care of her plumbing problem at home herself. If there was anything she hated more than a deal gone bad, was a situation she couldn't fix on her own. 

.....................

She flew down the stairs fast hoping the plumber was not tired of ringing the bell. She had been in the shower preparing herself for the outing she had with Spring when she heard the door bell ringing. He had been at it for a couple of minutes and she was sure he was going to leave and she wouldn't have that.

So there she was, wet hair, short towel wrapped around her, no slippers thinking oh hell, it will probably be an old man with a pot belly holding a beer in his hand. he'd surely not notice her state of undress.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiti......" she went to say before her mouth dropped to her stomach, her knees almost gave away when she saw the Adonis in front of her. Eye-candy and stud- muffin were some of the descriptions she had in mind but couldn't be enough to describe how luscious this hunk of a man looked like. She had not realized she was drooling at the man or how she'd been staring at him for the last couple minutes. 

"Hey, did you ask for a plumber? " he asked her giving her his hand.

She took the hand holding the towel to greet him back then red rosy cheeks was her face when her towel dropped to the floor leaving both of them transfixed on the ground in awkwardness.