CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Why do we have to work on the weekends ? I'm telling you if this job wasn't paying as good as they are, I'd be warm in my sheets right now with the hot blond I met yester night." 

"Carl, you never learn do you ,  it was just two days ago she left with your money and yet here you are again. " Edward lectured.

"Hey a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. It ain't my fault she's so good in bed." he interjected coffee in hand as he pulled the lever, the mouth of the excavator swallowing a huge chunk of red soil beneath them.

"Say, what do you reckon is gonna be the time till this projects done?" Edward asked.

"I don't know, one and a half years ,maybe. " he replied not giving much attention to the question.

"It's a mall... so I think it will probably take three to four years. After  we are done excavating, they'll have to pour the foundation, not to mention all the framing , masonry ,electrical plumbi...."

'Hey, Mr. I don't give a fuck, do you see that? Carl asked pointing towards  the outside of the window. 

"What? I don't see jack." Edward replied halting his all-knowing knowledge on construction, squinting his eyes to get a good look at what Carl was pointing.

"You don't see that? You should eat carrots more often. Does it take you this long to see obvious things In front of you?" He asked turning off the excavator getting down from the tall machinery. He could have sworn he saw something arm-like, or maybe it was just them critters that lived in deserted areas. 

"Holy! Mother of.... Edward you gotta come see this." He called out in shock.

"Well I'll be damned! we hit the mother load." He added hands above his head in bewilderment laughing hysterically.

"You know at this rate, you'll make us work all week. What's so important that we have to stop what we are doing ?" He lectured as he got off walking towards Carl. "I swear if this is one of your damn charades I...." He couldn't finish, he looked at what Carl was eyeing like candy and immediately covered his nose.

" Oh shit! What in heavens name is that?" He asked hurling .

"I'll tell you what it is. Our ticket out of this joint. We my  friend are gonna ride this train as long as it takes us. Carl said his eyes bulged in excitement.

Edward looked away from the worm crawling corpse before him, only for his eyes to dart inside the hole they had excavated to see another body cosily tucked in.

"Uumm Carl?! There's another one ." He said pointing to the hole catching Carl off guard who was busy taking selfies.

"Really Carl? Are you fucking serious ! This is a crime scene for goodness sake.

"More like a grave yard. Whose gonna believe I was here if I don't have the proof. " He said taking a picture of the body in the hole. " I better get a good deal for this discovery." He said.

"Shut and call the police you dumb fuck." Edward lectured pulling away from the murder scene and finally releasing all the contents in his stomach.

................

"Hey, not so hard, that's the fourth time today, at this point, I'll have to call your friend Christian grey to give me a safe word and whip to match." Jennar told Cole as she rubbed her behind. He had been spanking her a little too hard lately.

 He got off the seat ignoring her comment and headed towards the kitchen saying he wanted to grab a  beer. "Could you get me some butter while your at it?" she asked covering herself with the burgundy fleece preparing to tune in to the movie.