Chapter 6

Hastinapur

             It's been a month Kuru clan welcomed  their first and eldest kulavadhu. Elders of the Kuru clan was very satisfied with their new daughter in law. She is very kind, knowledgeable and graceful lady who is worthy of being Kuru clan's elder daughter in law. Gandhari and two Queens bonded well with their devotion towards Mahadev. Dhritarashtra is also happy and satisfied with his wife. Pandu practically adored his bhabhishree. Only person is not satisfied with Gandhari is Vidur. He didn't like this bhabhishree of his because she is great obstacle for his plans. At first when Mahamahim bring this alliance he thought Gandhar Royal family will disagree and It will probably lead to a war. Despite it's military power Gandhar will not able to win the war since Hastinapur has Mahamahim Bhishm. So Gandhar will inevitably become vessel kingdom to Hastinapur. Which will be a great disadvantage for Dhritarashtra and his kids. But his plan did not happen. Gandhar accept the proposal without any protest. Also this marriage will not only brings Dhritarashtra with an alliance to Gandhar but also an alliance with Videha. kingdom through Maharani Sudharma since she is daughter of late King of Videha and sister of current King of Videha. Also Gandhar has four Rajkumars through them Dhritarashtra will gain more alliance once four princes get married. So Vidhur was very upset of this marriage though he didn't dare to show it. Somehow he felt that Rajkumari Gandhari and Rajkumar Shakuni know about this. But for now he ignored those thoughts and start his plans for future.

               Meanwhile new kulvadhu of kuru kingdom already start to help her two mother in laws and grandmother in law to manage the palace. Three ladies were thoroughly impressed by Gandhari's work. 

After hectic day while resting in her chamber  Gandhari start to think about her life in Hastinapur last month.

GANDHARI'S POV

         It's been more than month after I became the Kulvadhu of Kuru clan. By now I can understand the royals of Hastinapur very well. Rajmata Satyavati is a selfish, stubborn and arrogant woman who thinks that every thing she is doing is right just because she is Rajmata and an elder of the family. Maharani Ambika is a very calculative woman though she didn't show it. She loves her son very much and she is someone who believes in superiority of her bloodline. She believes as Kashi Kanya she is superior to Hastinapur Royal family though she didn't show it to anyone of Hastinapur Royal family. Not even to her beloved son. She is happy with me because she thinks that I'm worthy Kulvadhu for her linage. Apart from these things she is a very pleasant woman. Maharani Ambalika is also like her sister but she is more believed in superiority of Kashi linage than her sister. She didn't like Pandu much and didn't consider him as worthy son because he was forced upon her. But she treats Dhritarashtra as her son since her sister accept him as such. She also very happy with me since I'm Shivdev bhakt and also because I can give her nephew hundred and one sons. Despite of these thoughts she quite nice and knowledgeable lady too. Both Queens despised Mahamahim and Rajmata though they didn't show it openly in front of them. 

               Mahamahim is slave to throne. He didn't  realize that he himself throw Hastinapur to its destruction. He is a decent man who didn't involve much with royal ladies other than usual greetings and small talks. Pandu is innocent and kind hearted person who didn't get affected by powerplay and politics. He truly respect Arya and will do anything for him. Pandu is ideal little brother but I can't say same for Vidur. I don't know why I have a feeling he will harm my Arya and my unborn children. My gut feeling never failed me before so I'm going to protect my husband and my children from his plans at any cost. My brother Shakuni also warn me about him. My brother never failed to understand people. So I'm going to be careful around Vidur. Arya is kind and lonely soul. He is very proud about his linage just like his mata and choti mata. But some of his confidence and pride was shattered by Vidhur during Maharaj Abhishek of Pandu saying that he is unsuitable to become King just because he is blind. This helps to developed my Arya's obsession for throne. He wants his child to be King at any cost. If I can not give him a heir before Pandu's future wife I'm sure he will take another woman to bear him a heir. He cares for me and respects me but because of  refusal of his elders to his coronation, his obsession for throne always get better of him. But I can't   blame him though. His mata and choti mata always tells him that throne is his birth right. He just want that. If not him then it has to be his son. That's what two mother's told him. Anyway surviving in Hastinapur politics is harder than I thought but I don't care. I have to stay strong and make everything safe and perfect for my unborn children.