Chapter 3 : Shimuras Schemes & Confusion

[I strongly advise rereading chapters 56-58]

Downtown of Konohagakure, festival, evening

"You look different from usual..." started Tobirama looking at the beautiful girl in front of him. To say that he was speechless would not be enough. The Uzumaki genes were really something else.

"Thank you!" She said, bowing and smirking at him.

No, that wasn't at all the purpose of today! He had the figure her out.

"Let's go see the stands over there." Fumbled over his words Tobirama Senju for once.

"Yes, of course, Tobirama-san." Declared the Uzumaki about to start laughing at him.

"One dango sticks and one beef one, please!" Ordered Yuki then she looked at him. "Would you like one? Dangos is really the best!"

"Of course, let's try this one."

"One more dango stick!"

"Hai!"

The two stood there awkwardly without uttering a single word. This was not going to work. Why was he even shy?

"Mh...this is strange..." finally said the Uzumaki with an adorable smile.

"Indeed, this is quite different from what were we are used to..." Conceded Tobirama chuckling at his reaction.

"So what is up to after establishing the village?"

"Oh...You say that as if it was easy..." he sighed making the younger laughed and attract the looks of everyone around them.

"Isn't it for you?"

"I do imagine that I can do a decent job at it but it is my brother's duty and the one of the other clan heads, not mine."

"Oh, oh? Even my own brother does envy me from time to time..."

"I did in the past but now I see that there is no need to be jealous.... We are different people, he is the leader of our clan. I am his rational advisor and I am satisfied with this." Claimed the Senju deeply looking into her blue eyes.

"You Senjus are really admirable." Yuki had a small laughed. Not one like earlier. All childishness had vanished. He felt the same as when he was face to face to an Uchiha. It didn't make sense. "No jealousy at all, just being a good younger brother for Hashirama...truly noteworthy, I'd wished I could be like that with Naru-chan, but I need to step behind him to make sure that nothing gets in his shiny path."

As she said those words, a rain of kunais fell upon her then. Effortlessly, Yuki caught them all and threw them back. Tobirama barely saw it. What did he just heard?

.....

"Neechan...why did you leave me alone again...?" pouted Naruto.

Yes, he knew that he was being childish. It was always the same story. Since her return, he felt unable to let her off his sight for long. He had the feeling that she would once more vanish and this time for good. The fact that she was named as the ambassador of Konohagakure and occupied some post as a helper of Tsunade-San, it made him even more anxious.

Ever since she returns, he felt that something in him had changed. He felt more easily at ease at home, but whenever she was gone, there was a big void in his life. Seeing Hinata helped but it wasn't enough. In these moments, he feared what it meant. Madara Uchiha, he despised him so much but at the same time, they were family. How does this make any sense?

"I can almost read your thoughts!" said a voice coming from above him. Naruto looked up and saw a girl with soft skin and violet eyes.

"AAAAAH, GHOST!" screamed Naruto backing off immediately.