Chapter 11

"Ms. Velasquez, may I have a word with you?" Professor Cruz said after she dismissed the class.

Kianna and Norielle stopped fixing their bag when they heard our professor call my name. I nodded at Kianna and Norielle signaling them that they can go and eat their lunch first at susunod ako. Tristan, Kristoffer and Jamuel accompanied them.

"Bakit po?"

"Have a sit first, Ysobel." Naupo naman ako sa harap niya. After a minute, nilapag niya ang mga test papers ko sa lamesa niya, also my quizzes.

"Ysobel, you've been a consistent dean lister ever since you're in first year. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyayari sa'yo ngayon but what's happening? Your scores are not like this. Pasado pero pasang awa." Our prof complained that made me more anxious.

She's asking me kung ano ang nagyayari pero pati ako, hindi ko rin alam kung ano ang nangyayari.

"Sorry po ma'am. Babawi nalang po ako sa next quizzes namin." I said

"Hindi sa pine-pressure kita but you really have to, Ysobel. Specially if you want to consistenly want to be a dean lister. Graduating kana." Our professor said and I just nodded.

Nauna ng lumabas ang professor namin and I was left alone in the room, trying to process everything.

Broken heart. Failing scores on quizzes and test. Dad's infidelity.

I can't help but to shed a tear from what's happenning around me. It seems like, isang bagsakan na ang sakit. Ang hirap makabangon.

Lalabas na sana ako ng room when I saw Jamuel, standing beside the door, ang dalawang kamay ay nasa bulsa ng pants niya and he's looking at me. His eyes ars full of...concern?

"Hindi mo kasama sila Kianna?" I asked him, trying to stop him from asking me questions about awhile ago.

"What's happening?" But I failed to stop him. He still asked me.

"Ha? What do you mean?"

"Why did our professor talked to you?"

"Wala. Let's go, gutom na ako." I said and grabbed him in the arms.

Sabay kami na pumunta sa cafeteria ng school. We're walking together sa may hallway ng school. These was the first time that we walked peacefully along the halls of the school.

Everything is so peaceful when he's with me. My mind and soul is at peace.

"Kelan uuwi si ate Ynabel?" He asked me out of nowhere. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Hindi ko alam. Why? Did you talk to her?" I asked him and he nodded.

"What did she say?"

"She's nagging at me, of course." He said that made me chuckle.

"For sure, the reason why she's nagging at you ay dahil ang cold mo sa akin." I jokingly said but he didn't budge.

"Grabe siguro pamba-bash mo sa akin when you're talking to your sister. Baka matatalo ko na pinaka-evil na tao dito sa mundo ha." He said that made me laugh.

Minsan OA din itong nonchalant na ito eh.

"My family is planning to send off Ate Atarah to marry someone in Las Vegas." He said that made me stop from walking. I looked at him and ramdam ko na he's not happy with his sister's marriage.

"What? Who? And why?" I asked him.

"I also don't know, Ysobel. I know ate Atarah, hindi siya masaya with this set-up. How could you marry someone who's not inlove with you in the first place? It's not worth it." Sabi niya that hit me in the spot.