Week One (part two)

Friday

This time I wasn't the one to wake up Princey. I had already woken up because I decided to get in the work for all my classes early. It was around 11 pm when I saw Ponytail walk into the house, I couldn't remember her name, but Ponytail sufficed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her as I sat at the kitchen table doing schoolwork.

"Oh! Mr. Todoroki wanted to speak with Shouto so I'm just here to tell him that." She said with a cheery smile.

"Ok," I responded awkwardly. She gave a short nod as a goodbye as she went upstairs.

After 10ish minutes I heard a door close and assumed that Princey was in his dad's office and Ponytail went back downstairs and waited by the front door. I haven't seen his dad since the day he offered me the job, I'm guessing probably because he didn't really see the need to speak to me or that I was just some 'low-life peasant'. Either way, I don't really give a fuck.

After a few moments, I heard muffled shouting. At first, I thought it was coming from outside, but it was too loud to be a noise outside and that's when I realized it was coming from Princey's dad's office.

My best guess is that they were having a heated argument. I felt a horrible feeling building up in my gut like I should grab Princey and take him out of there, but it's none of my business. It shouldn't be my business, right?

The feeling just got worse as the minutes passed by, but I didn't know what to do. Then there was a crash sound, like something breaking, and a loud thud. Did they knock something over while arguing? If they did, why were there two sounds? A few seconds later Enji Todoroki walked out of his office and left the house through the front door, paying no attention to me. His secretary, Ponytail followed after him.

After 3 minutes I heard walking from the stairs and Princey came down the stairs. I walked out of the kitchen to greet him, but the moment he got to the first floor he completely ignored me and made his way to the bathroom.

For the few moments that I did see him, his walking was off. For a regular passerby, you wouldn't notice it, but I did. He seemed like he had been hurt, but what threw me off was the way he was clutching his face before he went off into the bathroom.

He came out after what seemed like forever. The part of his face that he was clutching before now was covered with a bandage.

"Princey are you-" I was cut off.

"I'm fine." He replied in an emotionless voice.

"What happened?" I asked him. He paused for a moment, and I thought he might actually answer my question.

"We're going, come on." He said walking out of the house.

"Where?" I asked him while following him.

"The schedule." He said keeping up his emotionless and monotone ways of talking and looking. I thought I had convinced him to not act like that around me, but it seems I was... wrong? No something isn't right.

"What do you mean 'the schedule'? You never would want to follow that stupid fucking thing... what's going on?" I questioned him.

"Nothing, come on." He said standing at the doorway.

"No! Something is fucking wrong. What are you not telling me?" I asked him again, getting angry.

"Bakugou," It's like his words were laced with venom. "There is nothing wrong. We're going."