1

"Eleven, you have got to stop doing that!" I exclaim as I enter our cabin, noticing Eleven giggling and using her mind to hold my dad up against the wall.

"Y/n, hon." My dad chokes, "please tell your sister to release me."

"El." I scold.

"Hop is in the air!" She laughs.

"He is, but he can't go in the air ever again if you kill him."

She sighs, relenting her hold on my dad.

My dad lands on his feet, before making his way over to the kitchen and grabbing another beer from a six pack. This is something he did often.

Eleven is supposed to be missing after what happened last year with Will, the rest of the kids all think that she's trapped in the upside down, or something of that sort.

My dad wanted to protect her, so he took her in after everything that had happened to keep her out of that lab, to keep her from being treated like an animal that can just be experimented on.

I know Mike is hurting, and I know the rest of the kids are too, but this is what's best for her at the moment, and I'd do anything to keep her safe.

"What's that you've got in your hand?" My dad gestures towards the bag I'm clutching.

"Just a new top I bought today." I shrug, "Jonathan needed a new camera and invited me to join him to go shopping."

"Jonathan?" My dad questions, "that's the Wheeler's boyfriend right, Nancy?"

"Yup. She was busy, so I went with."

"Alright." He snatches his keys from the kitchen table, "I'm about to head to the liquor store... among other things."

"Okay." I reply, "I told Dustin I'd play D&D with them, but they decided they want me to meet them at the arcade."

"Billy gonna be there?" My dad grunts.

"He's not meant to be." I softly reply, walking towards my bedroom door to change.

"I hate that kid." He scoffs, "you deserve someone better."

"What's wrong with Billy?" El tilts her head, "who is Billy?"

"He's someone who is not as bad as dad is making it seem." I narrow my eyes at my father, before walking into my bedroom and closing the door, knowing that I'm lying to myself everyday I'm in this relationship.

A let out a sigh, cursing myself for agreeing to hang out with the kids later. I love them to death, but after a long day of school, practice, and shopping- I was pretty beat.

I recall earlier, when Dustin called me over to Steve's BMW with his devious little smirk, and Steve's blush as he scrambled to find something to chat with me about. If I didn't know better, I'd think he had a thing for me.

Steve Harrington is a notorious asshole. He doesn't date, he doesn't expand his friend group (with the exception of Dustin), and he picked on Jonathan for a long time.

There was also that Carol the slut Perkins event, but I'd say that was well deserved.

"I think it's just because I ditched him." Jonathan held the ice to his head after Steve and his goons had slammed him into a locker.

"What?" I ask, sitting to the right of Jonathan, Nancy on his left leaning her head onto his shoulder.

"I don't care if you stopped being his friend in middle school." Nancy scoffs, "he's still a major asshole."