Chapter 2

Emily was walking to Weems's office, she knocked on the door.

"Enter." said Weems.

Emily walked in, Weems stood up.

"Miss Thorpe, this is a surprise." Weems said.

"I was wondering if I could show Friday Jericho." said Emily.

Weems sighed thoughtfully and looked out the window.

"Well, given the weather--" Weems was interrupted.

"Not to interrupt but this uh, well it seems perfect weather to take Friday out." admits Emily.

"Very well, but be back before Miss Thornhill goes to the dorms." Weems warned.

"Thank you." said Emily.

Emily walks to her dorm and walks in.

"Grab a sweater, we're going to Jericho. But you're staying with me." said Emily, grabbing an umbrella.

The two walk into the town and Emily shows Friday around for a bit but then it gets too windy and the rain gets far too heavy to walk in.

"Come with me!" Emily yelled over the wind.

"What?" Friday yelled back.

Emily grabbed Friday's hand and pulled her in somewhere.

Friday looked around.

"Where are we?" she asked, curiously.

"The Weathervane. It's a café." said Emily.

"Hey, Em. Want your usual and who's your Nevermore friend?" a voice asked, Friday looked up and saw a boy standing at the counter.

"Yes, thanks and this is Friday she's starting at Nevermore this term. Friday this is Tyler Galpin." said Emily.

"Hi." Tyler said.

"Hello." Friday said flatly.

"Why are you two in different uniforms?" Tyler asked Emily.

"Friday's allergic to colour, apparently." Emily replied.

The two spent sometime at the cafe, Friday found herself liking Tyler, he was different, he accepted Emily, he even knew she was physic and he also found out that Friday was physic too.

Emily noticed that neither Tyler nor Friday could keep their eyes off each other and smiled, she looked out the window.

"Well it's calmed down and Weems said we needed to back before Miss Thornhill arrives at the dorms." said Emily.

Friday noticed Tyler tense at the mention of Thornhill (whoever she was) and made note to ask him when she got a chance.

"Where's the rest of him?" Sheriff Galpin asked.

He was in the forest with one of his deputy, Ritchie Santiago.

"Well, the torso and arm are over there. We found a leg by the lake. There's an arm in that tree over there, and the rest of the parts are so far unaccounted for. It matches the profile of the other two attacks last week." said Santiago.

"All right, issue a warning. Keep hikers out of the woods. Don't approve any more campfire permits for the foreseeable future." said Sheriff Galpin.

"What do you want me to tell the press?" Santiago asked.

Sheriff Galpin gave her a look.

"You know they're going to be swarming like mosquitos in July." said Santiago.

Sheriff Galpin sighed.

"Tell them the bear is back." he said.

"You don't really believe that, Sheriff?" Santiago asked.