Chapter 9

Thing, Wednesday and Friday walk into the ruins of the old meeting house, Thing tapped.

"We know, we were expecting more too." said Wednesday.

"Who you talking to, little girls?" a homeless man asked, the one who stole a camera from Uriah's Heap.

"Use "little" and "girl" to address us again and we can't guarantee your safety." said Wednesday.

"This is my place. Get out!" yelled the homeless man.

"Thing, a hand here?" Wednesday asked, Thing crawled the man's leg and started strangling him, eventually the man ran away.

"There's nothing here." Wednesday said, she like her twin had psychic powers.

"No, we can't just touch something. Our visions seem to happen spontaneously. I would rather dye my hair pink than ask my mother for advice." said Wednesday after Thing was tapping.

"Oh, you want me to prove it to you? No. Nothing. Ah, I bet this will give us some real insight. My visions are about as predictable as shark attacks." huffed Friday.

The twins walked over to two doors, after touching the doors, the twins are thrown into the past.

There are villagers with torches and pitchforks, in a circle throwing two girls around calling the two girls witches, devils spawn, telling their fellow villagers to burn them both.

"Stand aside!" a man yelled.

The group separated, and Joseph Crackstone walked in the middle.

"Goody and Raven Addams! You have been judged before God and found guilty. You are witches! Sorceresses! Lucifer's mistresses yourselves. For your sins, you will burn this night, and suffer the flames of eternal hellfire." Joseph Crackstone said.

"We are innocents. It is you, Joseph Crackstone, that should be tried. We were here before you, living in harmony with nature and the native folk." Raven Addams, said, she was the one holding the book that twins saw in the painting at Pilgrim World.

"But you have stolen our land. You have slaughtered the innocent. You have robbed us of our peaceful spirit. You are the true monster. All of you!" Goody exclaimed, she took out a small knife and cut Joseph Carckstone's face.

"Punish them!" a female villager yelled.

"The Devil ne'er sent such a demon." said Joseph Crackstone.

Goody was held back by two villagers and Crackstone slaps her, Goody cries out, Raven stood up.

"And I will send you back!" Crackstone added.

"No!" yelled Raven as she was also grabbed by two villagers, the two girls were thrown into a building, Wednesday and Friday follow.

"You are abominations in the Devil's grip! I will not stop till I have expunged this New World of every outcast. Godless creatures!" Crackstone yelled.

The doors are closed.

"Set it ablaze!" Crackstone yelled.

The outcasts scream, Goody and Raven go to find someone.

"Mother!" Goody exclaimed.

"Father!" Raven yelled, when she saw her father, he was beside her mother.

"There is no time, my child. He's chained us all to the floor." Raven and Goody's father said.

"Leave us. Save yourselves." Their mother said.