Chapter 7

"Let's assess, shall we? Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, and no idea if I'm going to live or die. It's definitely my kind of party." said Friday, the bag is ripped off of her and Wednesday's heads.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" Bianca asked.

"You can take of the mask Bianca." said Wednesday.

The group removed their masks.

"And just like that, my hopes were dashed against the rocks of bitter disappointment. My foe was no psychotic killer. More like a bunch of high school clowns." said Friday, rather disappointed.

"Wait I preferred you with it on." Friday said.

Bianca just rolled her eyes.

"How did you get down here?" Tyler asked.

"Rowan showed me." said Friday, she glanced at her pocket.

"Left pocket." she added.

Tyler walked over and pulled out the picture and looked at it.

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle." said Friday.

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." said Kent, the siren.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" Wednesday asked sarcastically.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite." said Bianca.

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip." said Yoko, one of Enid's friends.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist." said Divina another siren and crony to Bianca and girlfriend to Yoko.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild." said Ajax.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime?" Wednesday asked sarcastically.

"Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded." said Friday.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." said Xavier.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves." said Yoko.

"Someone like Rowan?" Friday asked.

"We booted that loser last semester. Question is, what are we gonna do with them? Only members are allowed in this library." said Bianca.

"I say we invite them to pledge." said Xavier.

"What?" a student asked in disbelief.

Xavier pointed to a picture of Morticia and Gomez.

"They have a legacy." he said.

Friday took note of the photo beside it rather than her parents, there was Morticia and another girl, who Friday recognised as a member of her mother's fencing team.

"After the crap she pulled in the Poe Cup, there's no way in hell. We talk about not making waves? She's a tsunami." said Bianca.

"Just because I beat you at your own game?" Friday asked.

"Let me save you the trouble. My twin and I are not interested in joining." said Wednesday.

"No wonder you're friends with Enid and Emily they turned us down too." muttered Xavier.

"You're seriously turning us down?" Yoko asked.

"Can you believe it?" Wednesday replied snarkily.

"Untie them." said Bianca.