-Chapter 3-

"BROOKLYN RICHARDS COME DOWN THIS INSTANCE."

Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit, oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck. I am doomed, Brooke is doomed! Doomed I tell you! Such a young age to leave life, poor ole little me, such innocence I have. What has fate against me?

"Stop being so melodramatic young lady," My Aunt's voice pierces through my thoughts. Ohhhh shitty shit, she heard; Brooke, what have I told you about thinking out loud, bad Brooke, very bad.

"I have received non stop calls from your school, asking me where YOU are. You were SUPPOSED to be at school Brooke, AT SCHOOL. Where the hell were you? I looked everywhere, every single place, every corner of this town. Do you realise how scared I was? I was petrified, afraid of what could have happened to you. Oh and don't you dare say did you try calling home? I was calling every 5 minutes, but did anyone pick up? No. You could of sent me one call, or even one text to just tell me you were okay, but does Brooke ever think about anyone besides herself. You better have a reasonable explanation young lady, if not, you are in so much trouble."

"I- I- I- I-"

"Stop stuttering and spit it out already."

"I- I -I -I was here all along," I whisper.

"Lying, a nice touch. What happened to the Brooke who told me everything, who trusted me with her secrets. Guess i'm not important any more, am I? Not trustworthy either, right? We may live under one roof but you know what, we live like strangers; I feel like my job is to provide a roof over your head and food, nothing else. So I should just keep out of your life shouldn't I. No one wants an old woman interfering do they. Remind me to never come looking for you because you'll be here right, remind me to never call you to check where you are either because you'll be fine. I'll just go back to pretending as if I don't exist, that's exactly what you want Brooke, don't you. Until you're ready to trust me again, I won't interfere; Hell I won't even talk to you. But remember Brooke, you are NOT the only one, so please stop this pity party you have everyday as if you have the world's pain on your shoulders because what you feel is nothing to what others are going through."

With saying that she strides out of the room, slamming the door, making me feel like a complete and utter asshole.

What happened to us? I don't really know. I used to trust you more than anyone Aunt Kae, I trusted you more than my own mum; I told you everything, my problems, my worries and you were always there for me, through the good and bad times. I'm sorry we drifted apart, I know it's mostly my fault, I got so into living the "teenage life," I forgot everyone and everything and when I stepped out of that world I was too depressed to even take in my surroundings, appreciate what I have. I wish I could turn back time, to how we were, when we used to sit and laugh; discuss the most stupidest things. But this is how just things are now, i'm trying to change I promise. It just constantly keeps replaying back to me - the word, the actions. I hope you understand, you're all that I have left. Please don't hate me, don't leave me. I'm sorry.

I crawl into bed, drag the duvet over me and fall into an unnerving sleep.

*****

When I wake up the next day, my eyes feel swollen and sore almost like i've been punched in the face all night and now left with the resulting pain. Not just physical pain, but a stabbing pain in my heart. I slowly drag myself out of bed, gaining the courage to look at myself in the mirror, regretting my decision straight away. My dyed black hair which is usually straightened to perfection; or what I think is perfection, is tangled into a million tiny knots representing a birds nest. I look like a complete and utter freak. I blast on my music in hope to relieve myself of my torturous thoughts, and grab a new pair of clothes whilst heading to the bathroom. I am so glad it's a Saturday today, I wouldn't have been able to face the questioning stares after yesterday; by Monday they will all have forgotten, I hope.