Page 10, A Beautiful Ending

Bruised and battered, Diane gets up but falls back down and goes unconscious for a few hours. 3 hours pass by, and it is currently daytime. The time is 8:30 a.m. she finally wakes up. Standing triumphantly over Jerold's lifeless body. She thinks to herself, "Thank god, the nightmare is finally over.." She steps outside to feel the warmth of the sun. She realizes the only option she has now is to turn herself in, but little did she know the police have been looking for her. Thanks to her call for help yesterday while in the shower, her neighbors called the police. The police arrived at the scene of the crime. But only after she was gone. They told her they've been searching for Jerold for 4 years. They believed Diane had been kidnapped by Jerold. So they assumed the worst. Diane told the police what had happened, and they believed her story. Apparently, that one phone call changed the whole outcome. Diane cried tears of joy, and as she was found and rescued. The police officers gave her a warm blanket. Now flash forward 6 months later. She has a big belly and is currently pregnant. Not wanting to give up the chance of motherhood, she lovingly decided to keep the baby. She gave birth a few months later, and Derrick Jr. was born, affectionately named after her boss, who was a brave man, who willingly put his life on the line for her, and unfortunately paid the ultimate price. Happy and content with being a single mother, no longer on the run from Jerold. She held little Derrick in her arms and began to sing a lullaby.

The End