Ten dies

"Ten?... You left your door unlocked."
The door creaks open as Five steps inside - so dark, so silent - he flips the light switch, illuminating the area. "I know it's weird I came over in the middle of the night uninvited, it's probably illegal but, I heard you scream so!..." He calls out, locking the door behind him, "I wanted to check up on you. That's it."

Taking a quickly glance at the living room, the place seems fairly normal, the carpet seems rather shriveled but it's nothing that bad. "It'd be nice if you replied!... Oh who am I kidding you're probably asleep." Five sighs, contemplating.
'You locked up Fourteen, again, he's not going to escape again, stop being so paranoid'
Despite his multiple attempts to rationalize with himself, he continues walking down Ten's hallway.
'Ten did say he looked different, he did but - it has to be a trick of course it is!... Geez, Five, pull yourself together'
Five stops to turn on his phone's flashlight, standing infront of Ten's bedroom door before knocking, he didn't really expect Ten to reply at this time, but he wished they would.

"Ten?"
His voice slightly softens, opening the door, raising his phone to bring some sense of clarity - yet after a single glance - he drops it in an instant .

Rotting, ripped a part, and cannibilised. Ten lies there, slumping against their bed's side, dead. Their corpse is slowly decaying, they're surrounded by their own flesh and shards of glass - the window by their bed broken. Their blood spills out, staining the carpet.

Struggling to keep his composure, Five rushes to Ten's side, leaning down just to see their face - "Ten-?! Oh dear Infinite..." - Ten's eyes are still wide open. Five tries to feel their pulse, yet nothing is there, nothing except Ten's lifeless glance. 
Staring at the corpse, not having a single idea on what to do, he hugs it.

Five - for lack of a better term - is an asshole. He's up tight, rude, and bossy. None really liked him and he understood why. But for some reason, Ten gave him a chance - oh Ten, they were always so supportive and genuine. Five never rwally understood what compelled Ten to be so patient towards him, especially since he wasn't the kindest towards them either. He wishes he was a better friend, but it seems he was too late. Ten, his only friend, is dead.

Holding onto the carcass, Five desperatly tries to keep hiself together, not wanting to cry. "You were right Ten" he whispers, knowing there was no point trying to communicate, "that colour change wasn't a trick we just got the wrong one - the wrong Seven. You noticed and- and- I should of listened to you. Maybe then you'd..." but he continued to talk anyways.

"I'm so sorry Ten, this shouldn't of happened."
He clings onto them, a single tear falling.
"I'm so sorry."