The Mafia King's Queen

"Despite her parents' despicable intentions in forcing the marriage, Lisa found unconditional love, luxury and fierce protection as the adored queen of the mafia king's empire."

Word Count: 1146

Lalisa Manoban felt her stomach twist into knots as the limousine pulled up to the towering wrought-iron gates of the Kim manor. This was it - her wedding day to Kim Taehyung, the feared leader of Kasaohordrok, one of the most powerful mafia families.

Her own parents had brokered this deal, greedily exchanging their daughter to become Taehyung's wife in return for vast sums of money. They cared little for Lisa's wellbeing, dismissing her as a mere sacrifice to secure their fortune from the mafia king's riches. In their minds, they were signing her over to a life of torment and abuse.

Lisa trembled as she ascended the manor's marble steps in her extravagant white gown. At the altar, Taehyung cut an intimidating figure - over 6 feet tall with eyes that seemed to penetrate her very soul.

As the vows commenced, she could not meet his gaze. But then his deep voice caught her by surprise. "You look stunning, my dear Lisa."

She glanced up with trepidation. "Th-thank you..."

In the days after, Lisa waited for the other shoe to drop - for Taehyung to reveal his expected cruelty. But instead, he continued showering her with the finest luxuries: priceless jewelry, closets full of haute couture gowns, and anything her heart desired.

"This can't be real," she murmured upon receiving yet another lavish gift.

Taehyung overheard and pulled her aside, his eyes sending an unreadable chill down her spine. "Lisa, I know the circumstances that led us here. I will never lie - I am a dangerous man who has done terrible things in my life. But one principle I uphold is protecting those under my care, especially my family."

He caressed her cheek with a calloused hand. "You are safe with me, this I vow. I will slaughter any who try to harm you. You will want for nothing and be treated as the precious queen you are."

Over time, Lisa came to see past Taehyung's intimidating exterior to the gentle soul that resided within. She admired how he could effortlessly command a room of hardened mobsters, but then perform small acts of thoughtfulness just for her.

One spring morning, Lisa awoke to the fragrant aroma of freshly cut peonies at her bedside. As she inhaled their sweet perfume, she noticed a handwritten note from Taehyung: "No flower could hope to outshine your beauty, but I shall try every day to surround you with colors as radiant as your smile."

Lisa's cheeks flushed pink as warmth bloomed in her chest. She found Taehyung out on the terrace enjoying his morning coffee and tea service. Without a word, she glided over and sank into his lap, surprising him with a passionate kiss.

Taehyung chuckled as their lips finally parted. "What was that for, my queen?"

"Simply for being the loving, poetic husband I never dared dream I could have," Lisa whispered, nuzzling her head into the crook of his neck. "I love you, Tae."

He stroked her raven hair reverently. "And I love you, Lisa. More than this entire world."

For months, a quiet peace settled over the Kim household as Lisa and Taehyung allowed their love to fully blossom. But that serenity was shattered one autumn evening with a single phone call.

Lisa watched as Taehyung's expression darkened into thunderous fury while listening to the caller. When he finally hung up, his hands were shaking with barely contained rage.

"Who was that, my love?" Lisa asked tentatively.

Taehyung's eyes smoldered like black coals. "Your parents. They had the audacity to contact me, demanding more riches. When I refused, they admitted the real reason they married you off to me..."

His jaw clenched tightly. "They expected you to be tortured and abused at my hand, simply to satiate their greed for my money! The insolent fools actually thought I would harm you, my precious wife."

Lisa felt ill, horrified that her own family's depravity ran so deep. But before she could react further, Taehyung scooped her up into a fierce embrace.

"No one trifles with what is mine," he growled lowly. "Those wretched excuses for parents just signed their death warrants. I will raze their entire world to the ground for this unforgivable sin against you, Lisa. This, I swear."

She shuddered, not at his vow of vengeance, but the intensity of his protectiveness over her. Taehyung's actions painted him as a cold-blooded mafia leader, yet he cherished her with a tenderness unlike anything she'd known.

"I love you," she whispered fervently, punctuating it with a passionate kiss.

Lisa's wariness gradually dissolved under the weight of Taehyung's generosity and adoration. He remained devoted, quickly becoming attuned to her smallest wants and needs before she could even voice them.

Despite the looming storm clouds with Lisa's parents, Taehyung insisted on maintaining an air of normalcy and romance in their household. A few nights later, he surprised Lisa with an extravagant evening out on the town.

"Get dressed, my love. I have something special planned for us tonight," he told her with a mischievous grin.

Lisa's breath caught in her throat when she laid eyes on Taehyung in his impeccably tailored burgundy suit. He looked eerily reminiscent of the dashing male leads in the old mobster movies she used to watch.

For her part, Lisa donned a slinky black vintage-inspired gown that hugged her lithe frame perfectly. When she emerged from the dressing room, Taehyung looked at her with open reverence.

"Stunning. Absolutely stunning," he murmured, taking her hand and brushing his lips across her knuckles. "Shall we, Mrs. Kim?"

Their first stop was an intimate jazz club tucked away in one of Seoul's trendiest districts. Taehyung commanded the finest table, ordering them cocktails and the kitchen's specialty steak. As they dined by candlelight, the live band serenaded them with smoky, romantic tunes.

"You continue to sweep me off my feet," Lisa laughed lightly, squeezing Taehyung's hand. This spontaneous date night allowed her to almost forget about his mafia ties. Almost.

After their meal, Taehyung surprised her yet again by pulling her onto the small dance floor. He expertly led them in a sultry tango, his eyes never leaving hers as they swayed with the music. To anyone watching, they appeared an ordinary married couple deliriously in love.

As the evening came to a close, Lisa rested her head on Taehyung's shoulder in the limousine. "Thank you for tonight. It was...perfect."

He tenderly kissed her forehead. "My queen deserves to be pampered, especially in times of trouble. Let me handle the ugliness - I will continue showering you with beauty and devotion, I promise."

Lisa felt like the luckiest woman in the world to be so cherished by this enigmatic, powerful man. Her former fears had dissolved away, replaced by a sense of security and adoration for her husband.

From that night, a profound bond began to blossom between Lisa and the loyal mafia king...