41 • OF BETRAYAL LOVE & BANISHMENT

"Is that the girl you plan to marry?" Jaskier's eyes follows Alicent's figure as her aurburn hair bounced gracefully behind her back.

Geralt doesn't answer him, he just goes to wear his shirt. Buttoning the fabric.

"She's very beautiful. What's her name?" Jaksier appraised.

Geralt doesn't utter a word.

"How long have you two been seeing each other? You both seem like a beautiful couple." Jaksier questioned with a smile.

Geralt doesn't say a word. He takes his sword and drives it back into it's sheath.

"Do you love her? Is she she going to be Your future Queen?"

"Jaskier!" Geralt cursed cursed in High Valyrian, gritting his teeth.

The Bard shrugs. "What?.....I'm just asking questions, that's all. You seem quite smitten by her." He remarked.

"I am." Geralt admits.

Jaksier claps in bravo. "So it's settled then, she's your Future bride huh? Your princess?"

"She might be......I'm not rushing anything just yet." Geralt sighs as they both started walking together out of the training grounds.

"Since when have you started courting her?"

Geralt doesn't answer him. He just kept walking ahead ignoring Jaskier and his blabbering tongue.

"You know it wouldn't be bad if you were to marry her Geralt.. She looks like a prim and proper lady." Jaskier days behind him.

"She is." Geralt concurs before walking past the Bard.

"Oh, that's refreshing to hear. But err tell me something." Jaskier strides behind him, trying to meet his pace.

"What?"

"Have you gotten over Princess Yennefer?"

Geralt frowns. "What about her?"

"Nothing serious, I just heard some rumour she's coming to the Crownlands, probably getting engaged, perhaps marry." Jaskier blurts out reluctantly, causing the Witcher to halt in his footsteps.

The hurtful past of love, pain and heartbreak strucked memories and flashbacks into Geralt's mind, the thought of his Yennefer shook him, casting shadows of Alicent out of his head at the moment.

Slowly, stilled as time, he turns back to the bard, his yellow gold eyes narrowed in questions "Yennefer Martell is getting engaged?" His voice was stern yet laced with disbelief.

Jaskier shrugs. "Yes..... to the heir of Storm's End. Lord Boremurd Baratheon's son." Jaskier declares as Geralt's felt a twitch in his heart.

•••••••••

Meanwhile the sun had began it's descent by the time Prince Daemon enters through the double doors of the throne room.

The throne room exists as it was and will be, the room is dark, illuminated with chandeliers candles.

Banners emblazoned with the threeheaded dragon hang from the ceiling. Four larger-than-life statues ring the room. They are all men, representing the four preceding Targaryen kings: Aegon The Conqueror, his first son Aenys, his second son, Maegor the cruel and his predecessor, the old king, Jaehaerys.

The iron throne looms; the seat is made from the swords of Aegon the Conqueror's enemies, forged in dragonfire and Viserys Targaryen is presently lounging on the hallowed chair, regally raging with wrath.