62 • THE SEASNAKE'S DAUGHTER

Thank you,
for 21k Reads
🩸🐉🔥

Afternoon. Lord of Driftmark, Corlys Velaryon stood afar off, watching his daughter and King, as his heart swelled with pride and ambition, already imagining his future bright as the sun.

Dressed in the lavished colors of her house, Lady Laena Velaryon went on promenade with the King. Viserys forced a kind smile to his lips as he led the girl through the royal gardens. He felt a discomfort, despite his apparent situation. Visibly uncomfortable about marrying a child especially a girl of Fifteen. that's pedophilic.

Laena's hair was long majestically. perfectly done by her mother, her dressed handpicked as well, fitted for a young girl her age. with gold and cora earrings and necklace with sigils of her House, resting on her neck beautifully.

"What was it like flying the Black Dread?" Laena questioned, breaking the silent tension tension, though her eye twinkled. "You were Balerion's last rider."

"Only for a short time before he died. With Balerion died the last memory of Valyria of Old. But Vhagar still lives .......somewhere." Viserys says with a sigh.

"Bit too large for the Dragonpit. Some would say too large for our world." He remarked as the thought of Nilfgaard crossed his mind. Fierce, sleek, daring, formidable just like Geralt and they bonded well.

"Do you know where she nests Your Grace?" Laena asked

Viserys had too much on his mind, to be discussing about dragons with a young girl of fifteen. She is practically still a child, a teenager. He was never going to marry her, ever. But just to fulfill all righteousness and go promenade to be keep the Velaryons hopes up.

"I'm sorry." He snapped back to reality.

"Do you know where Vhagar is now?" Laena questioned kindly.

"Uhhhh.......The Dragonkeepers believe she made home somewhere on the coast of the Narrow Sea." Viserys replies.

"The workers at Spice Town back at Driftmark report hearing her song at times. They say it is a sad thing." She mentioned.

"I imagine even dragons get lonely."Viserys told her.

Laena steps faltered, slowing to a stop. She looked up at the older man eyes wide with fear though she attempted to hide it. She finally caught the King's formal attention. "Your Grace"

Viserys halts and turns to her.

"it would be a great honor to join our houses as they were in Old Valyria. I would give you many children of pure Valyrian blood so that we might strengthen the royal line and the realm." Laena says as she had rehearsed at Driftmark.

Viserys stomach turned at the little girl's words, he was disgusted. He hasn't even agreed to the marriage yet. "Is that what your father told you to say?" He questioned as Laena looked down ashamed and nodded sheepishly.

"What did your mother tell you?" Viserys inquires.

Laena fidgeted, nervously looking up at the King. "That I wouldn't have to bed you until I turned seventeen." Laena says with honesty.

Viserys sighed, he felt uncomfortable, hearing a girl talk about bedding him two years. He glanced to the beautiful gardens. "Gods be good. What kind of parents are Corlys and Rhaenys, telling their child such things? This is a sort of conduct  unbecoming, but morally incomprehensible!'

•••••••••
Deep in her chambers, Rheanyra was reading the story of 'Ten Thousand Ships' when Ser Criston opens the door as Elinda rushed in to tell Princess her of the King's secret promenade with Lady Laena Velaryon.