For him

Author's POV

The dinner was silent. Way too good for the acknowledgement of the events that took place last night between three people who always had a comeback to snicker. That wasn't peaceful, at least for the three. There was an invisible and cold tension between them. As much as Eunjae wouldn't want to admit she was the reason and she didn't like any bit of it but there wasn't a choice for. There was but after what she chose, she was sure that decision in this matter was wrong and it was only better to choose the opposite of her want.

Only Jungkook and Ji Eun, who came back after weeks of time spending with her fiancé, had managed to remove the silence by talking in slow voices and small laughs with each other as the tension on Eunjae reduced with Jimin's glare moving from her to the two as he joined them.

But that wasn't it, the painful gaze of Yoongi lingered on her at times though he thought she didn't notice but she did. She had eyes to each person sitting there, she saw Jimin's glare return once before he had to force his thoughts away by talking with his cousins who he thought as his siblings relentless, she saw her husband's regretful gaze wondering on what he did to face all this, she saw her eonnie enjoy her food and talk with her little brother while maintaining a small smile and eye contact with her fiancé who sat in front of her, she saw the elders eat while enjoying the happy interaction between the kids, admist of all this she had managed to notice her new brother-in-law's concerned stare on her as he looked at Yoongi once and then away from both of them.

Both of them came to invite the family to a party to celebrate a month anniversary of their relationship. Like Yoongi and Eunjae had one in the form of a pool party arranged rather by the elders, while in Ji Eun's case they were aware and wanted easch other and so as to that they planned one and invited their close and loved ones which included Jond suk's friends, Ji Eun's family and the team as they were friends with Jong suk.

She knew as soon this dinner ends, she will get a text from him to meet up in the garden nearby. She didn't want to tell him shit too and make him hate her, she valued his opinion too much to do that, not that she didn't value Yoongi and Jimin's opinion but that was supposed to be done for their good.

As expected, the dinner ended and the maids cleaned up the dishes and the table before leaving the house making it more silent. Eunjae was going back to her room but a hand pulled her away from the door knob.

"Hey." It was the best way of greeting to Jong suk after their last interaction which just involved a handshake and goodbye but the last second one had managed to leave an impact on their minds.

"Um, hi." And that was Eunjae's best.

"Can we talk? It won't be long." Like usual, Jong suk had offered her his famous polite smile making her nod and walk behind him instead of beside him, there would be too much tension on Eunjae for the day if she walked beside him and Jong suk wasn't the one to mind and let her follow him instead too.

There was no doubt that his first question would be- "Did something happen between you and Yoongi?" He asked.

"Yeah, we kind of broke up but the deal is still on." That was a fast reply she had been repeating in her mind while waiting for them to reach the road away from the mansion.

"Why? Last I heard from Yoongi, both of you went to a date." His question involved curiosity and concern, she happen to not like that ounce of curiosity in his voice as it angered her but looking at him made her vanish all that.

"I fell out of feelings." Every question he was going to ask, she had made answers and alternative answers to them.

"How? Like I am asking out of concern for you and Yoongi. You were so close to each other, I heard from Jimin that Yoongi had took things off your shoulder too, we thought that wasn't going to end, not so soon." It was a half lie/half truth, he was still curious but Eunjae knew she had a great amount of patience for the family, he was family. She had thought of this question but her brain made sure she forgot the exact lines to convince and divert his concerns and curiosity.