Flowing

"I wrote that only a few years ago. I—"
He hadn't a clue as to what to say next. Now was a time of pure and full emotion. There was no explaining or storytelling now. There wasn't a need. Only the living.
Older John took a deep, trembling breath, as he heard the sound of music. It was a song that he hadn't heard before, but he knew it was his own. The sound was all too familiar.
A feeling that was humanly impossible to describe was felt in that moment.
The two felt their surroundings fade, but turn into much more.

Younger John was immediately greeted with his London suite. He hadn't seen that room in what felt like weeks.
John found Brian Epstein and George Martin sitting at a table, serious looks on their faces. They looked like they'd been waiting for something.
"Hello," Brian spoke in a formal manner.
John stared blankly. Familiarity was all too present in this room.
The room that he hadn't even seen in such a long time. The one that he abandoned, self-proclaimed.
"Is there anything you would like to tell us, John? Y'know, about your disappearance?" George Martin asked sincerely.
"Promise me that you both will trust in what I say, because I can guarantee that it is extremely strange."
"As long as it makes some sense, then yes, we will trust it," Brian confirmed.
John chuckled to himself, knowing his story did not actually make any sense at all.
"Time travel. That's what had happened," John shrugged. It was an honest statement.
"I do find it hard to believe that what you're saying is true, but have you got any proof? I'm sure there's something to help your case," Brian said, somewhat unbelieving.
"When Paul comes back, he'll tell you. There's a reason why I randomly appeared in here without opening a door or anything like that," John went on further.
A second of quietness.
"John, do you know how long you were gone for?" George Martin questioned.
"Multiple hours, it seemed. It's a bit lighter here than it was in New York."
Brian seemed shocked about the mention of New York, and became more believing of John's words. He couldn't lie about a location.
"It's been two months and one week, exactly. Are you totally certain that you'd been gone for hours?"
Two months and one week.
That phrase rang out in John's mind.
His mind was then brought to the fact that his sudden departure was completely uncalled for, with a cause unknown. John went back to the fact that time had played a definite game with him.
There was no specific winner, though John had figured out how to get back to where he actually belonged.
However, time didn't truly care about accomplishments.
It could still move unpredictably, and time was completely chaotic as of that moment.
Nothing was fixed in time anymore. Anything could happen at any possible time and it would be as simple as that.
"I didn't mean to cause any harm at all. I had no idea that I was gone for that long, and I mean that."
A new thought entered John's head.
Was it really his own fault that he had left?
That question bothered John.
Time hadn't been too good to him, though it still had allowed him to go through roads of lessons.
John now realized that time took no sides. It wasn't an entity with intentions.
Time was time.
You couldn't convince time to be in your favor, or to be against anything.
Time was flowing. That's all.
Time made no decisions. It did as shaped.
Rivers flow, and rivers also twist.
Time could also do that. Time was never static, it was like water.
John no longer felt remorse. Everything was neutral. There were no favors or odds in time.
Then, if time flowed, it could also break, or combine.
It did.