Part 10: Kojos walk

When they arrived at Genny's around 9am ish Tim helped Lucy out the car and wrapped an arm around her waist, they knocked on the door and both were greeted with a warm hug from Genny.

Genny- "Tyler uncle Tim's here!" She announced to her son who was playing in the other room.

Tyler- "TIM!!! Hi!" Tyler ran up to Tim and gave him the biggest hug Tim lifted him up on his hip.

Tim- "hey buddy, Gosh you're getting so big!"

Tyler- "I know that's because mommy told me to eat all my vegetables and now my muscles are all big and strong like yours!" Tyler flexed his muscles making his face turn slightly red.

Tyler- "who's this?"
Tim- "this is-"
Lucy- "hi I'm Lucy I'm your uncles... friend"
Tyler- "your pretty and seem kind and smart"
Lucy- "well, thank you I think that your a very sweet young boy who listens to his mother and is very strong"
Tyler- "I am!"
Genny- "except for the listening part,"
Tyler- "I always listen to you!"
Genny- "what did I ask you to do before they arrived?"
Tyler- "I don't know I was playing with my toys"
Genny- "I asked you to make your bed"
Tyler- "oh yeah, can I do it with Tim?"
Tim- "yeah come on buddy,"

Tim and Tyler both make their way to Tyler's room and talk about how he's going in school and baseball, then Tyler mentions the fact that he and Lucy would look cute together, Tim dismissed the statement as he playfully threw Tyler on the bed and placed the quilt on top of him and walked out the room pretending he didn't know that he covered him.

Tyler- "Timmy! Come back!"
Tim- "who's that?"
Tyler- "it's me Tyler!"
Tim- "where are you?"
Tyler- "I'm here!"
Tim- "no you're playing with me!"
Tyler- "nuh uh help me! The blankets to heavy I can't push it up!"
Tim- "I thought your muscles were big like mine?"
Tyler- "you're a police officer! You take down bad guys, all I do is eat my vegetables"
Tim- "maybe you can try running and lifting big weights like me"
Tyler- "I'm to young"
Tim- "I guess that means that you don't have big strong muscles"
Tyler- "well I have a girlfriend and you don't"
Tim- "what would you say if Lucy was my girlfriend"
Tyler- "then I would think that you're lying"
Tim- "yeah why's that?"

Tyler-  "because, she is way to pretty for you"

Tim- "She is"

*With Genny and Lucy*

Genny- "so what's going on with you and Tim?"
Lucy- "what do you mean?"
Genny- "please I see the way you two look at each other, and I saw you follow him to see our dad in hospice"
Lucy- "I was just being a good friend, he was going through a hard time and I wanted to be there for him"
Genny- "and what about the ride along? You were so interested about his child hood, and the photos"
Lucy- "I like teasing him it's really funny"
Genny- "so you don't like him?"
Lucy- "I never said that"
Genny- "ok I see"
Tim- "see what?"
Lucy- "nothing"
Genny- "that you too both like each other so much but you guys are "just friends" because y'all are to scared to admit it"

Tim walks over to Lucy wrapping an arm around her waist, they both look and each other and nod

Tim- "so we came to that discovery the other night"
Genny- "and?"
Lucy- "and he asked me out on a date, for tonight"
Tim- "look I hope you aren't mad"
Genny- "no of course not, it's about time"
Lucy- "why does everyone keep saying that!?"

Genny responds with a giggle and invites them to have a drink and stay a bit longer before they take Kojo for a walk. They go sit down in the living room Tim with a coffee and Genny and Lucy with a tea, They sit down catching up on everything in the past few months Genny asking a lot of questions about their relationship and asking Tim what he's planning on doing tonight, he rolls his eyes and sighs saying "It's a surprise" code for "Stop brining it up, I have no clue" which Genny knew all to well how that ends.