⋆28

The school day drifted towards its end, leaving Yoonji to pack up all of her belongings

The school day drifted towards its end, leaving Yoonji to pack up all of her belongings. Renjun and Donghyuck had already gone off to their next lessons, unlike the girl who didn't have any more lessons after this. As she prepared to leave, her Chemistry teacher slowly approached her.

"Yoonji, would you mind staying back a bit? You've been doing much better lately but I'd still like to go over some concepts from today's lesson." the teacher gently said.

Yoonji's heart sank slightly at the mention of her recent difficulties in the subject, "Of course I'll stay. I want to improve."

She settled back into her seat, determined to grasp the challenging material she had been wrestling with. But she wasn't alone and there were several other students also seated there along with her. And this brought a sense of comfort to her, knowing that she wasn't alone in the struggle and that there were more people like her as well.

The next hour was spent in focused concentration, asking questions and taking detailed notes as her teacher patiently guided her through the concepts.

Finally Yoonji emerged from the classroom feeling both mentally exhausted and determined to do better. As she walked through the hallway she looked at the clock, remembering that Renjun's art lesson would also end in just a couple minutes.

Spring had settled over the school ground, painting everything in the hues of green and pink. The art room, with its open windows welcoming the gentle breeze and warm sunlight, beckoned her.

The art teachers were usually really nice and didn't mind other students dropping by in their classrooms. Pushing the door open quietly, Yoonji stepped into the art room and found herself instantly captivated by the scene before her. There was Renjun, poised at his easel, completely immersed in his work.

She had always admired Renjun's artistic talent, but today though, something about the way he painted under the soft light of the afternoon sun left her breathless. There was something mesmerising about the way Renjun painted; the way his brow furrowed in concentration, the way his eyes sparkled with inspiration, the way his hands moved with grace.

Renjun sensed her presence and looked up, a surprised yet warm smile spreading across his features. "Yoon, what are you doing here? Didn't you end like an hour ago?"

Yoonji stepped closer, unable to tear her gaze from him and the half-finished masterpiece on the canvas, "I... my psychology teacher called for a replacement lesson today since we missed one last week." she came up with an excuse at the last minute. "I thought I'd come to see what you were up to."

Renjun's smile widened, "Ah makes sense. I'm just playing around with some spring ideas."

Yoonji's eyes remained fixed on the canvas, "Seriously how are you this fucking good at painting?"

Renjun's cheeks coloured faintly at the compliment, "You're pretty good as well though."

"Dude who are you lying to, I can just barely even draw a good stick figure." Yoonji said.

The classroom was filled with their soft laughter, broken only by the soft sounds of their surroundings; the rustle of paintbrushes, the distant chirping of birds outside.

"Hey Renjun, could you draw me?"

The boy's paintbrush stopped on his canvas as he heard the girl's sudden request, "I mean sure if you want me to."

The girl enthusiastically got up, sitting herself right in front of him so that he could get the best view. Renjun removed the canvas he was currently working on, bringing out a fresh piece of paper and a pencil for the new drawing.

The boy looked at Yoonji, tilting his head as he examined her. Unsatisfied he got up, cupping her face in his hands as she adjusted her posture. The girl wasn't prepared for the sudden action, feeling her cheeks burn up. Renjun proceeded to fix her hair, carefully tucking away her stray hairs behind her ear.

Holy shit he looks so fucking good.

Yoonji felt it the entire time, as if her heart was about to jump right out of her chest. They left the classroom together, their steps light and their hearts a little under the calming afternoon light. Yoonji couldn't deny the flutter inside her chest, the way her thoughts lingered on Renjun's smile and the way he looked when lost in his passion.

Spring had brought with it not only renewal but also the awakening of something new inside of her; a gentle budding crush that bloomed alongside the season's blossoms.

Dear Dream,

It's been a while since we've sent letters to each other, right? Anyways my Chemistry teacher actually called me in yesterday for extra help lessons and I can not explain how helpful just that one lesson was. Not going to lie I thought that he would sit me down to talk about my bad performances and everything but it was nothing like that at all.

He was just so calm throughout the whole hour and he was explaining everything so well. To be honest I don't think I've ever been able to understand stuff this well before. He went over everything so slowly and for me to understand and he gave so many examples throughout it as well.

I think that this is my sign to be going to more of these extra help lessons, and of course Renjun has been such a help for me as well. I can't forget to give him some credit as well when he has been studying together with me and also answering all my questions for me. I'm starting to feel a lot more confident about school and my studies.

Seriously before I would always feel this sort of nervousness and stress, like this weird fluttery feeling inside my stomach– but not in a good way at all. Even when I wasn't doing anything I would still sense that feeling, as if I was way too calm at the moment and that there was something that I was forgetting. For the first time in a long while I don't feel like that at all and I feel that

Anyways how have you been?

From, Yoonji

Dear Yoonji,

Yeah it's been a while since we have sent each other letters and I've been doing pretty good as well. We have a lot of tests coming up so I've been having to do a lot of studying but otherwise everything else is good.

It's nice to hear that your teacher called you in for extra help. Seriously, they are so helpful especially when the teacher is helping only you or just a small group of students. Because then they can actually give each of you the right amount of help compared to a normal lesson where there are 30 students.

I know that a lot of people might find it embarrassing that they have to go to such extra help classes but seriously there is nothing to be embarrassed about. There is nothing wrong with wanting and needing extra help from teachers, to be honest everyone should be doing it. They help you learn so much better and it's a lot more effective to go to extra lessons on top of the regular ones that you have on your schedule.

It's nice to hear that you feel less stressed Now, trust me that feeling will go away completely sooner or later and you will feel better.

From Dream