CHP.1

"Order up

"Order up." Moses looked up from his notes that he was studying from and sighed. He had wanted to cram and get as much studying in as he could before his midterm on Saturday, so he had to squeeze it in where he could and today? That was at work.

"Moses what I told you about studying at the table? You look unavailable to customers." Moses manger Nigel scolded yet again  , Moses closed his notebook along with his textbook and looked up.

"I know, but I ain't got much time."

"You off Thursday and Friday, study then." Moses sighed.

"I wish I could but I got bible study on Thursdays and then youth Friday. It doesn't leave much wiggle room for studying." Nigel sighed feeling sympathetic for the kid, he was a good young man that had always worked hard so he wanted to do what he could to help him out. He seemed to come from a good loving  family but he also knew those type of families they expect too much from a kid.

"I understand Moses, tell you what? Go do that table over there, those two girls that just came in and when your done? Go on break and study,I'll call you back when I really need you."

"Seriously? I appreciate it." Nigel shook his head."Don't even worry about it."

"Wait, would this come out my pay?" Moses asked with a goofy smirk making Nigel frown."Your actual break? Hell yeah but once that time rolls over? Nah, you good." Moses smiled.

"Thank you." Moses said, he pushed his things under the cashier table as he grabbed a pen and pad. He looked at the table that Nigel previously pointed at and started walking over putting on a friendly smile.

Them tips came a long way when you add it all up.

"Hi, Welcome to Korean Garden, what can I get for you?" Moses said in the most cheerful voice he could muster up, he wasn't much for Korean food when he was younger but he had this job since he was eighteen. He got to try new things and he found things he actually liked and now he enjoyed a couple meals here and there. What mattered most that was the atmosphere was pretty good and the pay wasn't too bad.

"Oh hey Moses." Carmen said waving, they didn't talk in church or outside of it so she had no idea he worked here. It was actually a surprise.

"Wassup, Carmen" Moses said nodding to her then looking at Sunset who remained quiet staring at the menu, she had glasses on now but she didn't wear glasses at church. He had noticed her squinting  hard so it all made sense now.

"Sunset right?" Moses asked, Sunset nodded with a small smile giving a small wave. Moses thought she had to be shy or not really social, she barely spoke and whenever she did? It was soft and low, he could barely hear her.

"I'm assuming it's you guys  first time here? Do you guys know much about Korean food? If not then I have recommendations I can give."

"I've been to a Korean bqq a few times and Sunset has been to a lot of Korean places in general, she loves Korean food. So we are pretty good with the menu and know what we want. Carmen explained making Moses nod.