chapter eight

— CAMILLA —

Cole seems like a... actually, in all honesty, I don't understand him at all. He kills evil people so that must make him good? I know God is against killing and all that, but he seems to be doing such justice for the world in his actions.

Killing pedophiles, rapists, abusers... That sounds right? So why is it classed as wrong?

He is as ethical as one can get even after killing many people. I still can't truly wrap my mind around why I don't get so scared around him, perhaps I'm just as foolish and naive as people used to call me at school.

For some reason - despite the fact I've only met him yesterday - I seem to truly trust him. There's just something about him that enthrals me.

Not to mention the fact that's extremely handsome. I've never seen a man with, what people call, a bad boy exterior. Cole has incredible tattoos painted on his body; he has so many piercings, some of which I didn't even know you could even get.

The boys I attended private school with were just snobby, trust fund pricks who wore polo shirts and khakis atop their designer shoes, probably went to church every Sunday and definitely went to screw some girl they paid for on the same day.

"And after this, you're going to let me leave." I say calmly. I don't know where I'm going to go yet, but I'll figure it out. One things for certain, I'm not going back to Adam and my dad.

Cole's eyes grow wide at my words and I begin to become nervous at his intensity, what is so wrong about me saying I'm going to leave?

"Fuck no, little raven, you're not leaving." he snapped, standing up.

I watch him with confusion and a mix of fear, why is he so desperate to keep me here?

"What do you mean, no? You said you brought me here to keep me safe; you said the police wouldn't come after me, so why do I need to stay here with you?"

Cole stares at me with longing and need flooding his sharp grey eyes that could make anyone fall on their knees and worship him.

I grow tense at his eyes, they're so incredibly giving, showing too much emotion, yet I feel he's doing it on purpose. They're heavy-lidded and the moony grey of his iris' hold me captive.

I lick my lips subconsciously and he follows the movement closely.

I feel uncomfortable under his scrutiny, but he also makes me feel like I'm the queen of his world, the way he looks at me, it's as if I ruled his entire being.

I sit up straighter and look toward Xavier who is eyeing us greedily, like we're his own special entertainment.

Cole sees where my gaze is heading and looks at Xavier fiercely but speaks with no emotion in his deep, husky voice, "Xavier, get the fuck out. Now." he demands.

Xavier rolls his eyes and throws his arms up in the air, muttering curses under his breath, before walking out the front door. He could probably still hear us, but it calms me that we don't have a direct audience.

"Camilla, I still need to keep you safe." Cole says, his eyes nor voice betraying any sort of lie.

It's eerie though, now it seems there's no sign of any feeling other than pure craze in his eyes, begging me to listen.

But before... his eyes held so much emotion and yearning. For me?

"I-I can't; I need to leave... you said that nobody will come after me!" I stress, chewing on my lip. I stand and pace around the room, "Unless you were lying, please, Cole, tell me the truth!"