part 10 the truth

I woke up in a cold sweat without Bastian beside me, still wrapped in the covers on the bed. A long sigh escaped my lungs and I looked around. I wasn't chained, so it seemed he trusted me just a little, but he was nowhere to be seen. I got up and headed to the corner where the kitchen was noticing I only had an oversized shirt, when did I put this on?
Last night was a little fuzzy and honestly the details eluded me. I remember waking up in Bastian's arms, I remember what we did but, the memories are all warped and tangled. That's the first time I've ever... Get yourself together you need to find a way out. I started to hear a conversation coming from outside I snuck up to the door and pressed my ear up against it.
"No father there is no body else in here. I just don't want you in because you know how I am about my privacy and I'm working on something rather important." I could hear Bastian say in an annoyed tone. "I don't see why it's such a bother for me to come in for just one cup of tea? We have to discuss your sister among other things she's worried about you Bastian." "She will be fine father, she hasn't contacted me in years, why should she worry now?"
Why did Bastian's father sound so familiar, if only there was some windows I could sneak a look. I hovered around the door trying to hear more of the conversation. "Ok fine I'll respect your privacy but she is worried as am I. You've been a recluse for years now never leaving this hole you call a home when you have a while kingdom you could come home to we are worried about you son. We love you and just want you home where you belong." Bastian let out an exasperated sigh at his father's words. "I don't want a kingdom, I don't want royalty, I just want to be left alone father. That's all I ask please. The kingdom was never my calling and my sister seems to be running it well." I could hear shuffling of feet. "If that's what you prefer just know we will welcome you back with open arms. No matter what you've done." I heard what I assumed was his father walk away. At that I made my way back to the kitchen and started some coffee. The machine was weird and you had to press the coffee by hand I had learned how to use one when Avasa showed me in her personal kitchen.
The door knob wiggled and Bastian made his way back into his small house. "Oh you're awake, did you sleep alright?" I shook my head and poured some coffee into two cups. "Do you have any milk and sugar?" I asked he pointed to the cabinet, when I opened it, it was ice cold, must of been enchanted. I handed him his cup and he seemed a little eerie about it so I took it and sipped from it, then handed it back. "No poison, I promise." He flashed a smile and drank from the cup. He seemed tense, uneasy. We sat in silence for a while, neither of us were able to make the words we were thinking about come out of our mouths.
Was he thinking about last night? About the conversation with his father? He's royalty? All so many questions. Also how do I get out of here? Will Alistair forgive me for what happened last night? Will I forgive myself? It's not like I didn't enjoy it, I did but I'm not like that at all. I went from being afraid of him to bring in his bed why? Maybe if I can get him to trust me I'll find out.
    " Why am I here?" I asked bluntly. His eyes glinted and he gave me a worried look, then adverted his eyes. "I want something and you're the key to getting it. The other details don't matter. You're free to do as you please in the confines of this house, you just can't leave." I furrowed my eye brows and lifted my head to look at him. "What makes you think I'll abide by you're request?" The words came out agitated but sturdy. He smirked, that damn smirk why does it look so good in his face? "First off the doors are enchanted, only I can go in and out. Secondly there's more to this house than you expect." He pointed to a rug in the middle of the room. " Lift the rug." He said in almost a demanding tone making me shrink in my seat alittle.
      I walked to the center of the room and carefully moved the rug, under it a trap door was hidden. I opened it and climbed down the latter into a library that had other rooms shooting this way and that. I ran my fingers down a book case marveling and the beautiful, intricate patterns carved into the wood.
I slowly walked to another room, a pool and some weight benches. Another room with a bar and a mock fireplace, considering it had no chimney, unless it was enchanted, maybe? Another room had a record player with shelves of record on the walls. "How do you like it?" I almost jumped out of my skin , I hadn't noticed him behind me. I turned around to face him. "It's beautiful how did you manage all of this?" He shuffled his feel looking down. "A little bit of knowledge about construction, a little bit of enchantment, a whole lot of creativity. I wanted to make my house a place I'd never have to leave unless I'm running low on food. You're free to use any of these rooms as you please. There's even a room over here I just added let me show you." He knocked on a wall and a door appeared. "See enchantments anyway why don't you head inside?" I hesitated afraid maybe once I walked inside the door would seal for good, but still I turned the knob and walked inside.
          The room was huge, in one corner swords, sledge hammers, knives. In another corner a simple bed, comfortable but not flashy. A wardrobe filled with clothes pants, shirts all my size, all my style. Not girly, not flashy. And extension was on the room with an easel and paints there was some paintings already on the wall.
       "I made it just for you I hope you like it this will be your room for the time being the enchantment on the door alows me and you to enter and leave but no one else." I liked the room it was me, it was exactly what I prefer. "It's amazing Bastian, thank you but one question, why did you give me weapons?" He laughed half heartedly. "I have a feeling I have no reason to fear you, and I figured you'd still like to practice your combat skills for when you get back home." He stopped and looked away.  How does he know that I'm trying to get home I looked at him suspiciously. He swayed on his feet looking nervous. I walked over to the painting room and inspected the pictures on the walls. One caught my eye a picture of a woman one I've seen before. One I've gotten to know quite well these last few months. Is it her?
   "Bastian who's the girl in that picture?" I asked still looking up at it inspecting it. "Well if you must know... That's my sister."
     Avasa is his sister! I knew his father's voice sounded familiar. What the hell.