Tommy

TW: Mentions of drugs, drug overdose, suicide

~*~*~

Y/n's POV:

My mind kept flooding back to Dallas while I walked to the Dingo for my date later that night. I had no clue why.

I was excited to get to know someone new, someone who wasn't part of the gang. Or, was I really just excited for this date so I'd get my mind off Dally for now? Or was I excited because it could bring a peace treaty between greasers and Socs? I did not know.

The Dingo came into my line of sight and so did Tommy Oliver. I smiled before approaching him, he saw me walk over to him because he let out a smile.

"Hey Y/n," Tommy said.

"Hi Tommy, how are you?" I said.

"I'm great thanks for asking, what about you?" Tommy said.

"I'm fine, thank you." Tommy pulled the door open and moved out of the way so I could be the first to walk in the Dingo. I smiled in appreciation before stepping in.

The Dingo was especially crowded today. Gangs and a few couples were here sitting at tables or booths. I liked the Dingo because it was usually crowded but Tommy didn't seem to think I did.

"Damnit, sorry I didn't know it would be this crowded! I messed up I'm so sorry I-" Tommy started but I cut him off.

"Tommy, it's fine, don't worry about it," I told him. I sat down in the booth nearest to me and Tommy sat on the other side.

A waitress came over and took our drink orders. I ordered a root beer while Tommy ordered a soda. Once she left, Tommy and I continued talking about whatever was on our minds. It wasn't a while until our drinks and food was on the table.

We talked about our gangs, family, and what we wanted to do in our future. I found out Tommy had two older brothers and one younger sister, he wanted to be an engineer, and lots of his friends were friends with greasers as well which was very unusual.

I talked about my gang and how I had grown up with all of them. I talked about each member separately and Tommy seemed to like all of them.

"Your friends seem like a party every day," Tommy said. "I wish I was a greaser instead of a Soc."

"You wanna get high, party all night, smoke cigarettes and get jumped?" I asked my eyebrows raising.

"Honestly, yeah," Tommy said. "You greasers get to do whatever you want while I have to be my parents' wet dream." Tommy looked down to his shoes for a moment before his eyes met mine again. "I just- I wish it was just one big world where everyone could be what they wanted."

"I hear you, that seems like a dream to me," I said. "No Socs, no greasers, just innocent kids, reckless teenagers and loving parents." But it wasn't like that, it wasn't like that at all.

"Why does it have to be like this? Why can't we just cooperate together as a whole?" Tommy said.

"Well, I don't know what the Socs think but I know what the greasers have in mind," I said. Tommy's eyes widened. "Greasers may be tough, but we're all afraid inside, most are hurt. Like Johnny and I. Every single grease is scared 'cause we're outsiders, we don't fit in here."

Tommy looked down again. The boy was caught between his shoes and my eyes. He didn't know what to look at. I knew he felt guilty for greasers like me and my gang, but he was a Soc. Socs shouldn't feel bad for us. And greasers don't want pity, they don't want people to feel bad for them. They want their tough exterior to scare everyone. However, I didn't want to be like that. But, greasers like Dally did.