Chapter - 23: Kind of Confession (PART - A)

Note: There are mature topics discussed in this chapter. Caution is advised for anybody who is under the age of 18.

I was waiting for the votes to touch 30 but they didn't. I gave up and I am uploading now. Happy reading!

At The Beach:

Aradhna didn't wait for Neil to walk her to the spot. She understood that they were going back to the same spot, and she walked with him without giving him a chance to instruct or talk. As soon as they reached there, she saw Neil's face to understand his emotion if possible. 

She saw a hint of anger as he had a frown. Some disappointment in his droopy shoulders and sigh as he sat down on the rock. His eyes were reflecting the anticipation he was feeling. She didn't think anything, and she just started speaking because Aradhna realized that she didn't have it in her to see that look on his face. Especially not if she was the reason behind it. 

"Neil! Maine peena chod diya tha. Main pehle bilkul nahi peeti thi. Mere Ex ne mujhe encourage kiya aur main uske saath peeti thi. Jab usne mujhse break up karliya, I was sad aur uski yaad mein, uski khunnas mein aur peene lagi. 

Woh mujhe handle karta tha pehle. Uske baad jab main akele peeti thi...I didn't know how to handle myself or when to stop. It was embarrassing but nothing extreme. Mere friends ne reach out kiya and they helped me enroll in a support group and undergo therapy. 

Unhe bhi dar tha kahi main addict na hojaun. But main itna nahi peeti thi ki addict hojaun. It was just a habit jo maine chod di. Consciously with effort and with help. Main tum se jhoot nahi bol rahi thi when I said I hate drinks.

I genuinely hate them kyunki mujhe us sab se nahi guzarna phir se. I didn't mean to hide anything. Bas bolna jaisa mauka hi nahi aaya." She explained everything without letting Neil question or interrupt. 

Neil was taken aback by the gesture and how she managed to understand his thought process. One taunt, one look and some displeasure, was all it took for Aradhna to come clean to him about something so personal.

He was touched by her honesty and the respect she gave him. The sides flipped and he started feeling guilty that he never told her anything about his past. He was lost in his thoughts and that made Aradhna curious. 

"Neil! Are you upset with me?" She asked and he nodded. Aradhna's face fell. But the moment the question registered, Neil said hastily, 

"Hey! No, no. I was just lost. I am sorry" Aradhna glared him down. 

"Ok Aru. I am sorry. Main kyun gussa hounga tum se? Matlab tha main thoda sa jab mujhe laga tum ne drinking ke bare mein mujhse chupaya. Tumhe poora right hain decide karneka ki kab, kya aur kaise apni life ke bare mein discuss karna hain. 

But phir bhi thoda gussa aaya jab baat achanak se pata chali. I wasn't ready for it. Ab tumne batadiya na..." Neil was explaining when she cut him off. 

"Respond karne ke paise lagte hain kya? Itna time kya le rahe the tum? Mujhe laga tum upset ho." She expressed her irritation.