Chapter 24: Difficult Discussions (PART - B)

In Abhimanyu's Suite Room:

Everyone had their own thoughts running across their minds, coupled with their own worries. No one spoke until Manjari broke the silence. 

"Abhi! Agar usi ne Roohi ko bulaya toh uski aise beizzati kyun ki? Kya miljayega use meri Bachi ke saath aisa bartaav karke? Mujhe nahi samajh mein aya kuch." She expressed her doubt. 

"Agar uska pehle se plan tha Roohi ko is show mein bulane ka, toh uska woh behaviour banta hi  nahi hain. Per woh Roohi ko show mein kyun chahti hain? Yehi samajh nahi aa raha." Abhimanyu said in a rather calm and controlled tone. None had answers.

"Bina motive ke toh woh kuch nahi karegi. Jaise usne dhamki di, uske peeche uska koi matlab toh pakka hoga. I don't know what that is but I know that there is a plan in place." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair restlessly. 

Abhimanyu then took a deep breathe, to compose himself. "Usne kuch aur kahan kya tumse Aradhna?" Abhimanyu asked normally but the agitation was evident. 

"Nahi Bhai! She was extremely formal about it. Mujhe ek second keliye bhi shak nahi honediya ki unka koi aur motive ho sakta hain. Mujhe nahi pata tha ki Akshara ma'am hi aapki ex-wife.......hain" 

Aradhna justified her stance at the first opportunity she got and stopped when she felt she was going overboard with her straight forwardness. She looked at Neil who gave her a questioning look and she shrugged. 

She didn't know why but she wanted to explain herself and she did that without a second thought. Abhimanyu was amused by Aradhna's changed demeanor. Earlier he didn't pay much attention because of the newfound information. 

Otherwise, he would have assured her of his trust in her intentions. The girl gave him no reason to doubt her and always tried to be there for his family. He was aware of the kind of interest Neil had in her and all of them were actually waiting for them to take a step forward in their relationship. 

They were all very happy with Neil's choice. He would never treat her unduly, but she doesn't know that yet. Abhimanyu wanted to first sort this out and then discuss Akshara because the frown on Neil's face made it tough for him to postpone the discussion any further.

"Aradhna! I trust you. I trusted you with my child once and you didn't disappoint." He said pointing at Neil who looked on. He turned back to Aradhna and said, 

"You have never given me a reason to not trust you. You have absolutely nothing to prove. Yes, your explanation made things easier for me to accept but that's about it. 

With or without justification, I wouldn't have doubted your intentions. So, don't ever fret about that. Hmmm" Abhimanyu spoke to Aradhna and his tone exuded warmth. 

Aradhna's eyes misted. No one has ever given her their trust so explicitly without her proving her mettle. Not even her family. They didn't trust her when he needed that the most. They have kind of made up for it. No two ways about that.