Chapter - 25: Point To Be Proven (PART - B)

In Abhimanyu's Room:

Neil closed the door and sat beside her on the couch. He said nothing yet, but she leaned into him wordlessly. 

"Sorry!" Aradhna muttered. 

Neil smiled. That was his Aradhna alright. He was sure. This girl wasn't someone who believed in saying Sorry easily in relationships. It wasn't a thing in her family. She inculcated it as she matured but it still wasn't used to it. That's the Aradhna Bansal he initially met. 

Unlike her, Neil was wired to use Please, Sorry and Thank you when needed by Abhimanyu. Ever since Aradhna became his best friend, he observed that she was quick to apologize whenever she realized that she went wrong.  In a way, she kind of picked it up from him, to use it more frequently without remorse. 

That made his smile wider. Aradhna responded with a small smile and leaned more, encouraging Neil to drape an arm around her shoulder. He pulled her closer and looked at her pointedly with a raised eyebrow. She scoffed mentally but said nothing. 

"Sorry for what? Bakwaas karne keliye?" Neil initiated the talk and asked playfully. 

"Over the top react karne keliye." Aradhna responded with a gentle nudge. 

They both chuckled and Aradhna turned to give Neil a hug. Neil responded and pulled her closer to his heart. It didn't feel odd or awkward even for a second for them and Neil gently patted her back. He drew soothing circles on it to help her feel better.

She pulled back once she was fine and looked into Neil's eyes, 

"I love my family, Neil. Woh bhi mujhse bahut pyaar karte hain. Love was never the issue. Trust was. Bina trust ke pyaar kabhi kabhi kaafi nahi hota." Her voice was very vulnerable. 

"I get it. But Aru! Here, we trust Roohi. It's Akshara whom we don't trust. She can really make things nasty. I know it." Neil cut her off gently. 

"No Neil. You aren't getting me....... Akshara ki galti ki saza tum indirectly Roohi ko dene ki soch rahe ho. Samjho meri baat ko. In sab mein Roohi ki kya galti hain? Yahin na....ki, you can't get yourself to trust her to handle Akshara." Aradhna told calmly. 

The time allowed her to figure out where she diverged. She wanted to convey her point clearly at least now. She did and Neil looked caught up in thoughts. Aradhna's words forced him to ponder.

Was he being really unreasonable with Roohi? 

Did he really not trust Roohi enough with Akshara? 

Well! His heart said Yes

But he does have valid reasons for that.

Aradhna on the other hand was clueless about their reasons. So, he can't really blame her for thinking like that. On the contrary, he should be happy that she cares for Roohi so much to fight him for her. That just warmed his heart. 

That action of Aradhna made him feel lucky for having her in his life who is so sensible and sensitive to their loved one's feelings. He expected her to explain her behaviour but she was again reiterating what she meant without all the hurtful words relentlessly. 

"Neil! Kya soch rahe ho?" Aradhna's voice snapped him out of his reverie. 

"Yahin ki...Main kitna lucky hoon ki mujhe tum milgayi." Neil pulled her cheeks happily much to her surprise. 

"Neil! Tum theek ho na? Tumhara mood aise kaise badal gaya?" She didn't hold back her confusion. 

"Main ekdum theek hoon. Actually, much better than before. Thodi si akal aagayi bas. Ab agar tum theek ho aur hum Roohi ki hi bare mein baat karnewale hain, toh Bhai aur Maa ke saath hi karlenge na." He proposed and she nodded.