EPILOGUE

SVM, Udaipur:

Abhir had a busy couple of days with intense practice sessions for the cricket tournament that was approaching. The practice will seize before his exams and continue after the post examination break. Taking into account, Abhir's previous credentials and performance during the trials, Abhir was made the Captain.

The selection process wasn't very ideal because they went with the reputation than genuinely looking for talent. There wasn't any retaliation or discontent in any of the team members which pushed Abhir to stay put. That was also a reason why he didn't celebrate his selection as the Captain. 

He was the Captain for his school team and they did end up winning the inter school championship in Udaipur. But that cannot make him the only obvious choice in a completely new setting. That was school and this was College. The stakes here are relatively way higher than that Inter school Championship. 

He wished he was selected after getting tested and proving his mettle as that would have helped him soak up the pressure better, but he didn't have that chance to gain that confidence. That was also why Abhir hated the whole recruitment process but unless someone who was affected decides to speak up, there isn't much that he can do. 

Abhir Birla is idealistic but not stupid to make a fool out of himself with no one on his side as he opposes the management. He didn't want to look ungrateful also. But he was mentally tuned to support anyone who raises a valid question and demands equal trial opportunities. 

He indirectly made that clear at times as well but if people can't take a hint so obvious and fight for their right, they definitely didn't have it in them to be the Captain. Abhir made an excellent Captain. His track record was nice and his previous coach was all praises for him. 

That is the reason why a biased decision like that got so much love from all quarters of the college. Except for a few, the management, students, players, teachers and the coaches were really happy with the choice. Their happiness halted Abhir's idea of voicing out for the injustice. 

He didn't know if he was right in keeping his mouth shut about this, but he definitely didn't want to be dealing with a serious issue at hand for nothing. So, he did the smart thing and went on with his business.

Rohan came to pick him up and he attracted quite a few eyeballs. This was Rohan's first time at the College after Abhir joined. So, it was a first for Abhir to see that reaction from people towards Rohan while Rohan was absolutely nonchalant about it. 

Abhir hugged him and got into the car without wasting any time. He was famished and he wanted to eat something as soon as possible. He just couldn't think beyond that for now. 

Rohan and Anahita decided to shift to Birla Mansion for the time being because it was more secure, and the staff would make their lives easier when they will be swamped with work in the Hospital, thanks to Abhimanyu's absence. 

With Harsh and Rohan constantly travelling, Abhimanyu wasn't comfortable with Anahita and Abhir staying somewhere else with no one in town. Abhishek supported the idea, and it was hence decided that Birla House will be where they will stay until the show gets over.