Thirty-Two. Confront

*Eleanora Elliot*

I felt awful.

Yelling. Shouting. I wish I understood their relationship with their father better.

Why they talk if their relationship is so hostile.

Granted that wasn't my place so I didn't question anything.

I was fortunate to talk to my family this morning.

A quick check in but they seemed just fine and Hally had been staying there often.

My mom sounded a bit bothered if I was honest but that wasn't my issue currently.

I just laid in my bed.

Shut my eyes.

Tried not to react when the house suddenly got so silent I could hear a pin drop.

Then my door opened, Hale fuming as he began bringing out my luggage and packing my things.

But he sat on the floor and folded every individual article of my clothing with care.

Lore sat beside me and pet my hair.

His jaw was ticking in anger.

I sat up, wrapping my arms around him.

His arms came around me, holding me so firmly to him.

"It was his." He muttered and I shut my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I muttered.

"Where do you want to go?" Lore asked.

"Where do you want to go? We aren't staying here any longer. Don't worry my mom is gonna take us to the airport, she had no idea about this either."

"Is he cutting you guys off?"

"No. He still needs people for the shit in the US so we're doing it to... you know what? That's not important right now, we're gonna leave. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you want to go?" He asked.

"I'm not sure."

"Think of the food, drinks, weather. Where we'd get our firsts with you. Where are we going?"

"Greece." I whispered.

"Alright." He kissed my lips gently, talking to Hale in Russian and he didn't so much as grunt in acknowledgment as he kept packing.

"I can help." I stood.

He looked at me and I sat back down, nervous.

He continued.

Laura came in, mascara running down her face as she brought in more empty luggage.

I wish she could leave.

But she gave me a smile as she mumbled something incoherent to Hale.

He grunted and she left the room.

"Are you okay, baby?" I whispered.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Can I do anything?" I asked.

"Rest. Or eat. Mom made lunch." He said.

"Do you need anything from me?" I reiterated and his entire body slumped as he exhaled.

"Don't worry about anything. I've got it." He answered, his voice sad.

I stood and leaned down, kissing his head.

"I love you."

"I love you." He answered and I left the room.

I went downstairs and found glass on the ground Laura began sweeping up.

"Who did it?" I frowned.

"Sorry, Andrei-" she motioned to the ground.

She sniffled but smiled.

I tried helping but she didn't allow it as she cleaned it herself before giving me a bowl of the amazing soup she made for lunch.

And I ate it at the table.

Everything was happening so quickly.

Lore came down.

"We have everything set." He said to me before talking to his mother.

She would nod and smile at him.

"Lore?" I asked as he moved to go upstairs.

"Yeah?"

"Did your father throw anything at you or Hale?"

He pursed his lips, thinking about his reply before just walking upstairs.

I looked at my soup.

-

I pulled on my shoes and grabbed the keys to the car Hale kept out here.

I drove to metro, the only place I knew in this city. In the country.

My phone was constantly ringing in my pocket.

But as I parked and pounded on the door I didn't care.

It opened and the bouncer seemed to recognize me as I walked in.

"Where's Andrei?" I asked the English bartender.

"The back left booth." He pointed.

"Can I have a glass of whiskey on his tab? Rough day." I smiled.

He poured me it and I walked away, looking as he was downing a shot in his suit.

I reached him and thrusted the glass toward him, the caramel colored alcohol on his white button up as ice was in his lap.

He looked at me.

"Don't throw shit at my men what the FUCK is wrong with you!" I yelled and he looked around, standing.

"Nora-"

I slapped him.

"Do you like being touched! Shit being thrown at you?" I asked.

He clenched his jaw.

"I'm sorry-"

The second I saw him reach for me I shoved at his chest and he moved back a step.

Hands around my biceps.

I fought them before realizing it was Hale and Lore.

"Nora." Hale said.

"You're such a pussy for trying to scare your sons like they're not twice the men you will ever be!" I shouted it regardless of his understanding knowing some others in here did speak English.

And I was thrown over a shoulder.

And I slumped. My body was trembling from the adrenaline of the confrontation.

I was put in the back of a car, Hale driving, Lore in passenger.

And they locked the door.

I crossed my arms.

And they said nothing to me as I was pulled back to their house and their mom drove the car I took home too.

I went upstairs and decided to shower my body with cold water.

Fuck that man.