Fourty. Card

*Eleanora Elliot*

I woke up to the smell of sweet fruit and I think bacon.

I got out of bed and walked to the small kitchen.

"Morning. Lore is out, so I'm making us a little breakfast date since I won't see you till tomorrow." He explained, plating pancakes.

I nodded. At the small round table there was a large bowl of all of the fruits I like cut up and together in a fruit salad.

Watermelon, strawberries, no bananas because those were on the pancakes, blackberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, pomegranate, crunchy green grapes and chopped Granny Smith apples as usual preferred those.

"In the fruit salad is a bit of condensed milk and some whip cream on the side." He said.

I just looked at him as he set my plate down.

"I got you a mocktail, sparkling water, orange juice, lemon juice inside kinda like a mimosa." He said.

"You didn't have to do all this." I mumbled.

"I want to. You need food today." He turned from the stove, a plate of small sausage links and bacon.

He led me to a chair, pulling my seat out as I sat down.

He gently kissed my forehead.

He got his own done and sat across from me.

"Thank you so much." I looked at all of it.

And the drink he put together was good too.

I put a small amount of syrup on my pancakes, keeping my hair behind my shoulders as he handed me a hair tie.

"Ugh I love you." I put my hair up.

He smiled, almost blushing.

I made him blush. I smiled to myself as I began cutting and eating my pancakes.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Scared. Excited." I shrugged.

"There's nothing to be scared of." He said.

"I know. I know I'll be fine and he'll be so good to me like you will. But I'm still nervous." I sighed, the fruit salad so good.

I put some on my plate and put whipped cream on it.

Delicious.

He watched me eat the fruit, licking the whipped cream from my lips.

"Stop." I frowned.

"He's a fucking lucky bastard." He grumbled, looking down at his food.

I laughed.

"You'll have me." I said.

"Mmhm. Can you make me a promise?"

"Yeah." I looked at him.

"Be sober. Stone cold. Or have one glass of wine at dinner. I understand your nerves but I want you to be able to mentally get over that hump without a crutch. I want you to soak it in with him and be completely present." He said, sipping the coffee he made himself.

I didn't like coffee like that, they knew it.

"I agree with that. I can promise I'll do that." I said.

"Thank you." He nodded.

I ate, he finished before me and watched me eat like he was going to undress me on this table.

Good lord.

Me being able to wait this long is unreal sometimes.

The sexiest men with the purest hearts and I still haven't jumped their bones much is wild.