- 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄

❝𝐒𝐎 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓...❞

I had just arrived home after a long day at work, I had ended up quitting today because I had somewhat of an altercation with my boss, leading to me quitting before he could fire me.

I sat down on my couch and sighed, I'm not sure what I'm going to do now that I haven't got a job, I could always find a small part time job in the meantime but right now I want to use my free time I have wisely and maybe explore Seattle a bit.

I decided to catch up on some reading as it was quite late in the evening so nothing would really be open aside from a few clubs and gas station stores, I got my book I had started reading and continued reading it while enjoying the peace and quiet.

The book was quite interesting, it was about this group of friends that ended up on an island together and had to survive for two weeks without going insane and killing each other and all they had to help them was a basket filled with things but none of the characters in my book so far have tried opening it.

While I was reading my book, my cellphone started ringing and it was from an unknown number so I decided instead of letting it ring out and say I have a missed call, I was gonna answer it.

"Hello Arabella Iris speaking" I said after answering the call.

"Hello Arabella, it's me Sargent Hank Voight, remember me?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah, you used to come see how mom was getting on with staying clean, used to come round twice a month, what can I do for you Voight?" I asked, waiting for his response as I flipped the page of my book.

"Well you see Arabella, a month ago I started an Intelligence Unit here in the district and I was wondering if I could offer you a job in my unit, how does that sound?" Voight asked me and I sighed before replying to him.

"But that would mean traveling back to Chicago wouldn't it?" I asked and he confirmed my question.

"Yes but think of it this way, you have a better paying job and you're closer to Kayleigh and Isabelle rather than being six hours away from them" Voight reasoned and I sighed, realising that he was right, I'd be closer to my sisters and I'd have a better job.

"Okay fine, I'll get myself to Chicago as soon as possible, thank you for this opportunity Voight " I said, convincing myself that going back to Chicago was a good idea.

"Alright, I'll pick you up from the airport once you've landed in Chicago and try not to be jet-lagged, you'll start working the moment you arrive here at the district" Voight explained and I nodded before turning the page of my book with a smile.

"Alright, see you bright and early Voight, goodnight" I said before we exchanged goodbyes and hung up the call.

Looks like I'm going back home to Chicago, on one side I'll be closer to my sisters and Hank did say that this job has a better pay but then on the other side, there's my mom.

I decided to start packing my things ready for the flight tomorrow morning, I didn't need as much stuff as most of it was in my apartment back in Chicago, I only moved to Seattle for work so I didn't bring much with me.

Once all my things were packed, I got in the shower and got ready for bed, my flight was for 4 in the morning so I needed an early night. I checked my door and the windows were locked before going to sleep, knowing I'd be back in my home city tomorrow morning.