Chapter Forty-Six

Serbia ran away from IRVC, who was currently trying to murder him. The Second Bulgarian Empire ran past them both with a melted sword. Interesting...

Serbia ducked underneath the slash of IRVC's weapon and continued backing away, hoping for an opportunity where he could free him from ROE's power. Finally, IRVC performed a swing with his sword at Serbia's eye level. He ducked again, and grabbed his arm.

Instantly, his eyes went clear.

"I feel different... what did you do?" IRVC asked, touching his chest.

"I cancelled ROE's—" Serbia didn't get a chance to finish. Out of his peripheral vision, he spotted the Roman Empire turning around. His eyes lit up as something clicked in his strange mind, and he sent a wall of spikes towards the two countries. Before Serbia could react, the spikes impaled IRVC in a thousand spots, but blocked the winged country from most damage.

At least he is immortal, Serbia thought. But IRVC wasn't moving at all. He should have been. Even slightly. He'd seen it before. But he wasn't.

"IRVC?" the Kingdom of Serbia stepped back, letting go of his hand. That's when he realised.

He'd forgotten to signal out the immortal country's power. He forgot to allow IRVC's power to continue to work whilst also stopping the mind control. A simple mistake that cost IRVC his life. And possibly many others.

No, no, no, no...

Serbia looked back over to the Roman Empire.

The Crown of the Kingdom of Poland dove down from the sky, tackling the red country. She punched him in the face several times as he impaled her with ice.

As he watched, the Austrian Empire leapt from atop a rock and grabbed ROE's neck, sending him to the ground. The gold spread quickly, and AE let go, stepping back.

Soon, the entirety of the Roman Empire was a shining statue. CKoP was affected as well, turning her head to the sky with a smile as she stepped away from ROE. Shiny gold covered the two.

Previously mind controlled countries snapped back to reality. The ghosts continued to attack. Perhaps they were still following instructions, regardless of whether ROE was alive or not.

Serbia looked back over to the Roman Empire. As he watched, the Teutonic Order sunk ten dark tendrils in between the cracks of his armour and into the statue, crumbling it from the inside. It shattered into a million pieces, leaving only the glowing wreath intact.

"Is it done?" the Austrian Empire said hopefully, creeping up to the body. He leaned down to touch the wreath.

"No..." Serbia whispered hoarsely. He glanced back at IRVC. Still dead. "AE, be caref—"

A spike embedded itself in the golden country's heart. A spike made of ice. One that could only come from ROE, SWE, or KU. And all of those countries were supposed to be dead. But Serbia knew. The spikes retracted away, leaving a bloody mess.

"AE!" the British Empire yelled.

The Austrian Empire's eyes slowly trailed down to the wound. "I thought we won," he quietly said. "We were supposed to win..."

As Denmark-Norway ran over to help him, the Teutonic Order's foot was caught in a block of ice. A bubble of water formed around her head. At first, she looked confused. Then she started swatting at the water, then tried to move away. The ice kept her in place. Britain, who was nearby, tried to help her, but the water held firm. She began to drown. Slowly. Painfully.

Meanwhile, a few countries were getting mind controlled again. Yugoslavia, who was behind Britain, stabbed him through the heart. He slumped on the ground, blood pooling around his body as the Teutonic Order finally drowned. Two dead in five seconds.

D-N flew overhead, AE in his arms as they raced towards Canada for help.

Serbia backed away, his entire body shaking in one thousand different versions of fear and guilt. This was his fault. He had helped kill IRVC.

He had to fix this.

On the ground, fragments of gold began to swirl, forming a shape. The wreath floated on top of it. It pieced itself together, but was still fragmented. The process was slow.

Serbia started running towards the wreath. If he could just touch it, he could stop the immortality, just like he did with IRVC.

Something crashed into his back and he tumbled to the ground. He looked behind him. Speak of the devil.

He gripped his sword, palms sweaty, as he allowed the ghost to make the first move. The Indus River Valley Civilisation charged with the speed of a raging bull. Serbia instinctively stabbed him, which did absolutely nothing. IRVC sent him falling to the ground. He quickly got up, taking the time to brush the dirt off his legs.

Focus on the goal. You need to stop ROE before... When he turned around... the Roman Empire was already back.

The Golden Horde witnessed the carnage. Dead bodies, all around her, begging to be controlled, begging to turn the tides, begging—

She finally gave in to the urge. The dark urge to make them rise and obey. The urge that might win them this battle—no, this war.

It was about time she finally used her power. It was time to stop shying away.

The bodies rose crookedly. Wounds continued to seep blood. Their eyes still didn't have the lifelike shine to them. But they could move. And they could fight. For her. For them. For themselves.

She stayed far away from the Roman Empire as she commanded her dead soldiers to attack him. He created icy pillars to escape them, yet they climbed, using their teeth and nails to grip the slippery surface.

He met eyes with GH from far away. He knew it was her. He knew he could gain her power. She knew that too.

Which was why she kept a dagger firmly pressed to her side, just in case. She also knew that he could simply mind control her into coming to him. But she had a plan for that as well.

Slowly, she charged her power to be used for as long as possible, even if she wasn't around anymore. It was a trick she learned from the Mongol Empire. That was why the ghosts were able to escape ROE's control by 'dying.' A lasting rule from the Lord of the Dead.

MOE was a lot more powerful though. GH's power wouldn't last the whole battle. But maybe it would last—

There it was.

Mind control. She didn't bother trying to stop it. Her soldiers stopped attacking ROE, and uniformly charged at GH. She didn't shy away from it. She didn't try to escape in her mind. Perhaps like her mother, she'd be more powerful in death.

After her throat was torn out by the dead, they continued onto their secondary objective. She watched as ROE tried to make her fight the living. The bodies, still following their orders, attacked the ghosts with what little time they had.

Unfortunately, the Roman Empire caught on quickly, and kept his most prized ghosts far away, including the Golden Horde. That was a shame, she wouldn't be able to control them under his rule. But her soldiers did their work.

The Holy Roman Empire and Belgium were both freed as ghosts before GH's power stopped working.

She'd done her part. She could only hope that it would change something.

(1219 Words)

MMm yes such fun

Uhhh how many died? 

Five.

NEW RECORD LET'S GOOOOO

It

It get's better.

I promise.