Chapter Forty-Nine

The French Empire struck her real enemy over and over again, not giving him the chance to regain his composure. If she could just destroy him entirely, perhaps he wouldn't come back?

It was wistful thinking, but she at least wanted to give Canada the chance to get away. She'd seen REC's body... He didn't deserve to die. And neither did PE, Portugal, or Canada.

None of them deserved to die.

"It was you all along," she cried, words stumbling over themselves, as she burned his body to a crisp. "You killed me. You brought my father back. You caused me to revert to my old ways. You tried to kill me again. You will not kill me."

She stopped for a second, panting. His ashes swirled around, reforming his old body. She tried to destroy the wreath, but it just repaired itself.

"What is this all for? What will you do when you have nothing left?" FE asked.

Wordlessly, he revived, staring down at her with contempt. He slapped her.

"I gave you the chance to rule by my side. Yet your emotions got the better of you," he growled.

"Better than letting your own children die around you because they have opinions other than your own," FE shot back, stabbing him. He grabbed her sword and flung it away, before hurling a dagger at her chest. She winced in pain, but stood her ground. She would never back down.

All of a sudden, a white blur shot past her, crashing into the Roman Empire. They tumbled over the ground, before ROE landed on his back, with the attacker strangling him. ROE's eyes went wide as his wreath shattered.

It was the Kingdom of Serbia.

The only one who could stop him.

ROE stabbed Serbia in the chest, cutting through like butter. But Serbia lived, just as he needed to. FE wasted no time as she ripped the dagger from her chest and launched it at his neck. Just like he did to her.

His eyes went blank as his head flopped to the side. Serbia collapsed next to him, breathing heavily. FE hurried over, kneeling next to him.

"Are you okay?" FE asked.

"I'm... I'm fine. I deserved this, anyways... I'm sorry for what I..." his voice faded away as he finally succumbed to death.

Neither of them had ghosts.

ROE was... dead? She checked for a pulse, and found none. She burned his body as quickly as she could, picking up the dagger she'd used to kill him.

As she stood up, she felt immense power surge through her that she hadn't noticed before.

Oh.

She turned around, walking towards PE, Canada, and Portugal. Before she could apologise, for everything, she heard a voice shout.

"Get away from them!" BE ran towards them. Water rushed towards her, and instinctively, she blocked her face. She opened her eyes when nothing hit her.

A wall of ice.

She had the Roman Empire's powers.

The Portuguese Empire stared at it, mouth agape with... awe? Horror? Or even... pity? Canada and Portugal, meanwhile, hadn't noticed.

The British Empire broke through the ice using his powers, and tried to attack her. She redirected the water using Britain's stolen power.

"Stay away," she warned. She didn't want to hurt anyone anymore.

As BE decided not to listen, she decided to run. She created a wall behind her and ran towards the cliffs as he followed her.

"I killed him! I killed ROE, I killed my father, why do you make me the enemy?" She cried.

"You killed Belgium! You were on his side, you only killed him for power!" BE yelled back. He tripped her with water, raising his sword to finish her off.

FE burned his face, not enough to leave a scar, and trapped him in place with ice.

"Leave me be, and I'll never come back."

She continued to run until she reached the cliff. She didn't look back as she jumped, plunging into the deep water.

She crafted a boat around her out of ice, using telekinesis to push it away from the cliffs.

It was about time she explored the world. She'd already ruined this one.

FE breathed heavily, sitting down and shivering. She hugged her hands close to her chest, warming herself up.

It'd all happened so quickly. Her biggest enemy was dead. Her father was dead. France was dead. REC was dead.

Everyone was dead.

But she was alive. She was alive and running. With ROE's powers. His powers gained only through blood. She hated it. Serbia was lucky, in a way. At least he'd died after fighting ROE.

She'd survived.

A side had been chosen for the French Empire.

Her own side.

(771 Words)

Aaaaand that's the end! 

Hope you enjoyed book two, and thank you so much for all of the support! 

In the end, this turned out to be 85728 words total and 232 pages

Will there be a book three? Possibly, but not for a while. I have many other projects to work on :(

I will release a chapter about all of the descisions of the coin soon, but otherwise, this book is DONE WOOOOOOOOOOO

Have a lovely day, and thanks for reading this mayhem <3