Chapter 3[Wishing Me Dead]

As I walked down the street, I dished out the stipend mama had pressed into my hands on my way out.

Counting it, I realized it had been increased by two dollars which made me smile turning over my shoulders to see her picking up the broken mop as I waved her a goodbye with a brutal smile.

Should I take the train or should I walk to school? I asked myself. If I an to walk, I could afford the cheapest m lunch in school but if I am to take the train the only thing I could afford is water which can do obviously fine. 

I wasn't a big eater, well how could I be when we have just little to eat, just something that could prevent me, is from dying.

Across the street, I saw two juniors in my school who were in the second year. They stepped out of their house, practically a mansion if I wasn't exaggerating which I clearly wasn't. It looked more than a house to me.

They were both blonde whereas I was a just a normal black afro kinky twist headed. They were rich and beautiful but I was ugly and poor thigh mama always told me I am pretty.

Selena is my mother, so she had to tell het daughter " you are the most prettiest girl on earth". My sister Jay-nette was the prettiest amongst us all.

We lived in two different worlds except for the fact that we usually see each other. I stared at the elder's shoes, just by look I could tell that it costs a fortune.

I would have to work my ass off till am 93 to buy one of those, maybe even the second hand version if I am correct.

Yet, I was still content with what I have. The only thing that bothered me was the health of my sister. My brother died on my 16 mtg birthday in May.

I gad already lost my brother, I don't want to to loose my sister too. I had list my father halfway, my brother, Stephan was completely gone and my sister too was down the path nearly clearing out of my life.

The only person I had left is my darling mama. My father Jesse, is locked behind bars. Reason be it, he stole a hefty sum if money which was 1.2 million dollars. Hey, do you know what that money could have done for my family and I? It could have changed our lives drastically.

Well,after the robbery was successful a useless uncivilized idiotic gang, ganged up on him, beat the living daylight outta him before stemming the money he had stolen including his own money too.

Such a pity. My dad is not a thief. I repeat he is NOT a thief!! He needed to do what had already been done to save Jay-nette. She needed money for her upcoming brain surgery.

Hearing a loud laugh from the girl's dad jolted me back to reality, to the real world. I felt a stare on me, tracing it I noticed the younger stare at me with a look I didn't know existed in Clayton Rise. Pity.

I averted my eyes holding the straps of my bag walking as fast as I could could. I m felt  a liquid stream down my cheeks.

Touching it with my index finger, that was when I realized I had been crying. Get over yourself now Tristan, you have Biology this morning. My subconscious warned.  

I pulled out my phone checking the time. "6:56" it read. Class starts at eight thirty which means I could walk to school. You may be wondering where I had the phone. My aunt gifted it to me on my 17th birthday.

That was the most happiest birthday I've ever had. Apart from my 17th and 10th birthday the rest had been worse. On my sixth birthday, I felt terribly ill that I was admitted to the hospital for three weeks and two days.

The seventh birthday, I broke a bone while trying ti catch a going bus. The eighth was a little bit good, I met a white friend, Cassandra Micheals.

Well, I didn't celebrate my ninth. The tenth was when my dad bought me the pajamas. The eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth wasn't celebrated.

The fourteenth, I was framed in school during a math test, it looked mike my plotters weren't satisfied that they had to frame me again fir stealing Madam Cynthia, the female racist maths teacher's purse which contained her phone and money that I was nearly kicked out of the school.

The fifteenth was when my dad was arrested in my school while trying to bring me some homemade cookies for lunch. Such a disgrace but I wasn't embarrassed, okay maybe I was a little cause I didn't know why he was being arrested.

Ever since then, I had been the most popular girl and the laughing stock in and out of school and in Clayton Rise too as well.  

I had cried numerous times in school that am kinda used to everything. Sometimes when I can't take it anymore, I showcase my tears not minding who sees, feels, knows, hears or understands my tears, my pains and my heart aches.

The screeching tires of a car made me turn back sharply to see a white posh car driving with full speed coming towards me.

I backed away in shock falling on my butt bruising my palm. The owner of the car didn't even bother ti slow down or stop to ask if am fine, instead he or she just splashed the water which had gathered from yesternight's rain on my me.

Luckily it didn't splash on my clothes but on my shoes. I gaped at the car as tears clouded my eyes. It is a crime to be born incredibly poor? Was it? Why is it that the poor are always treated with cruelty?

What was the point? What was the point of having a mansion full of money, riches when you could die in a matter of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months or probably in years, decades or centuries if God favored you.

Honestly, I stopped praying cause I don't see any improvement in my life. My mom used to say "leave all your worries to God. He would provide". Just take a look at what happened now, what if I had died? What if he or she had just run the car over me like an animal? Even animals are treated with respect.

The rich, the rich, the white rich ones especially, I hated them cause they know they are well ti do and think they can solve anything with money.

I cleaned my shoes with a fallen leaf, dusted myself off and continued walking cause life moves on.