Dinner For Four

I called Killian shortly after Diana left. It wasn't going to be easy convincing him to come with me.

The only time we went out in public was when we were looking for a house together.

Apart from that, we haven't spent much time in the public eye. I frowned as I dialed his number. It rang times before he picked up.

"Black," he said curtly.

As soon as I heard Killian's voice on the other end of the line, I knew convincing him would be tough, he sounded like he wasn't in the mood to socialize.

"Hey Killian, it's Catalina. How are you doing?" I asked, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"I'm good, how about you?" he replied.

"I'm good too. Listen, I have some news for you. A friend of mine wants to have dinner with me, her boyfriend wants to know you," I said, trying to sound excited.

Maybe if I did, then it would make him want to consider it.

There was a moment of silence on the other end of the line before Killian spoke up. "Cataliya, I don't know if that's such a good idea. Who is this friend anyway? I didn't realize you had any."

I snorted, "Wow, thank you. For your information, her name is Diana."

"Diana? Isn't that the employee that..."

"Yes, she is the one."

"Cataliya," he said in a warning tone.
I should have apologized but I didn't want to.

I sighed, knowing that this was going to be a tough sell. "I know, Killian. But I want to go out for dinner."

"I won't make it." He said.

My heart cracked, oh well. Now I knew where I stood. I was a dirty mistress.

"Okay, I guess you are busy. I will just take Zack with me. Enjoy the rest of the night."

"Cataliya..."

I hung up before he could say anything. I stared down at my phone with amusement. That was fun.

My phone lit up with his call, I watched it ring but I didn't make a move to pick it up.

On one hand, I was pissed that he wouldn't go with me and now, he is calling because I said he was going with some guy.

And on the other, it was fun making him jealous knowing the kind of person he is.

I ignored his calls till it was time to go home. I met up with Diana outside.

"Text me the name of the restaurant, and  I will meet you there," I told her.
She nodded quickly.

I rushed home, eager for dinner. I wanted to know more about them and the thought gave me a thrill.

The cab dropped me and I froze at the sight of Killian standing beside his car with a vexed look on his face.

I rolled my eyes as I grabbed his keys.
I marched to the front door, ignoring his presence.

He followed me silently till I unlocked the door. I heard the lock click and I turned.

"Cataliya," he said, he sounded resigned.

I turned to him and gave him a bright smile, "I am so sorry, I can't talk right now. I have less than an hour to get ready." I said.

He narrowed his eyes at the dismissal but he didn't say anything.

"I am going with you." He said.

I waved him off, "Oh don't worry about it, I know you are busy." I said as I fiddled with my earrings.

"Oh, so you can go with Zack?" He pronounced the word with bitterness.
I resisted the urge to laugh at his tone.

"Yes." I turned my back to him as I tried to get my zipper.

I felt his hand touch my neck and I stopped short, he helped me with the zip and I resumed my fussing.

"You are going with me." He said, leaving no room for finality.

I hid my grin as I turned to him. "As I said, there is no need. If you are worried about Zack, I won't fuck him."

He closed his eyes like he was trying to calm himself. I noticed that his hands had folded into fists.

He opened them again, "I am going with you." He said as he left.

I held in the urge to laugh, I heard the shower turn on and I realized he was serious.

We were seated, just the four of us in a fancy-looking restaurant, Zack had not taken his eyes away from Killian since he came and I could see how uncomfortable it made Killian.

"Killian, I have heard so much about you. You are quite famous." He said.

I looked at Zack with curiosity, I was anxious to learn what he knew about Killian.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Oh, Killian is the most famous person in our club." He said.

They had a club?

"What club is that?" I asked.

Zack opened his mouth to talk when Killian interrupted us.

"Are you ready to order?" His voice was tight.

Zack wisely kept his mouth shut like there was an underlying threat beneath those words.

We placed an order and waited for our food. Diane leaned forward, her eyes stuck on Killian's face.

"You are handsome." She said.

"Thank you," he answered. I could see the beginning of a blush on his cheek.

Zack stared at Diana like he was jealous of Killian but she paid him no attention, her eyes were stuck on Killian.

"Really?" Zack asked like he was annoyed.

Diana seemed to get herself as she stared at him.

"Babe, I am so sorry. You know you are still the most handsome in this room."

Zack beamed as she showered him with compliments, their face was drawing close to each other. I smiled at their chemistry as I looked away.

It was obvious that Diana loved him and Zack was just as crazy as her too.

I looked back and they were locked in a passionate kiss, oblivious to their surroundings.