Chapter 7 - Sorry

Posters for The Grand Paris Ball had been put up and almost all the students of Collège Françoise Dupont were chatting about it and discussing who they wanted to ask/be asked by.

Marinette was one of the people wanting to ask someone. "Seriously, Alya, you think Eruela would say yes?"

"Of course. I'm gonna ask Nino." Alya replied. 

"Adrien asked me already, so i get to go with him!" Lucie squealed before running off to exchange her books for her next class.

Chloe stood to the side picking at her nails. "I think you two should go together because Eruela is coming with me, one of her childhood best friends, not with some baker girl."

"Enough, Chloe. The adults are having a conversation. Why don't you go fix your hair? It looks like a rats nest."

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Tikki, i'm gonna do it. I'm gonna ask Eruela to the ball! I've got everything planned: my outfit, what i'm gonna say, a cute bow tie." Marinette sat in her bedroom, at her desk, wrapping a small gift she planned to give Eruela when she asked her to the ball. 

"Hawkmoth is still on the move. We must stay focused."

"Relax, Tikki! We kicked every supervillain he sent or way." She wrote Eruela's name delicately in cursive on a piece of card before slipping the tag under the ribbon keeping the lid closed. "He's probably hiding scared."

"Or it's the calm before the storm." Tikki retorted.

Marinette's earrings, her miraculous, began flashing a pink red, a signal that Chatón Noir, her partner was calling her. "See?"

-x-x-x-

"Alright, kitty. Let's do this quick. I got a big day tomorrow, and i need my beauty sleep." Ladybug arrived at the location Chatón Noir told her to go to but she wasn't there. 

"Chatón?" 

She looked around.

"Hello?" 

She walked to one of the stoen pillars to her left. Three short sets of claw marks catching her eye. A green glow grabbed her attention, and she looked down to see Chatón Noir's staff nestled in between the vines.

She reached forwards and grabbed it holding it to her chest. "Oh, no! I didn't make it in time! They took her! She's gone! Kitty!!" Suddenly the staff began wiggling out of her grip and launching upwards into Chatón Noir's hand. 

She was crouched catlike on one of the wooden support beams of the roof. "So, you do care about me." She smirked. She extended the metal down through a whole in the floor Ladybug was currently standing on. 

"Oh, i hate you!"

Chatón Noir slid down her elongated staff, stopping eye level with Ladybug. 

"We'll see about that. Follow me." She went further down on her staff, through the hole in the concrete slab.

Ladybug rolled her eyes but jumped through the stories, landing in a theatre. 

"Wow." She glance in awe at the beaming golden lights and the rows and rows of comfortable looking chairs. One of the rows did hapen to hous a few cats doing varies things, hissing as she went past. 

She looked back forwards to look at Chatón Noir, sitting on the edge of the round stage. 

"Let me guess. This is where you bring all your dates?" Ladybug guessed, leaving Chatón Noir confused whether she means other girls or the cats.