Chapter 10 - The Ball

Time flew and before anyone knew it there was snow on the roofs and trees, ice in the fountains and Christmas decorations in houses.

The Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie bus pulled up the front fo Marinette's school. Marinette sat in the back, all dolled up, ready for the ball. The door slid open and her father assisted her exit of the vehicle.

The groups of students scattered around the front steps of the school gasped and muttered to their friends. "That's the clumsy girl? No way!"

She entered the main hall and walked up to Alya, Nino, Adrien and Lucie.

Alya gasped in awe when she saw her. "Wow! Look at that dress!"

Marinette had stayed up all night for the past three weeks cutting, sewing and stitching a beautiful red dress, based on a ladybug. She had also styled her hair into a high bun instead of her normal two low pigtails.

"Yeah. classy." Nino agreed. "You look incredible Marinette." Lucie complimented. Adrien kissed her cheek, "So do you, Luce."

"Have you seen Eruela?" Marinette asked.

Adrien put forward, "She was here but she left for outside a few minutes ago. She said she would be back."

Chloe interrupted their conversation. "Marinette. I hope you have a lovely evening becuase next year, bullying's back on." "You can count on me." "Sabrina, we're out of here." Sabrina sighed and followed her friend.

"I'll catch you guys later." Marinette left to head outside.

"Ah, love." Nino sighed.

Outside, stood under a lamppost that illuminated a small patch of snowy ground, was Eruela. She had styled her hair and put on a perfectly tailored black suit that really complimented her body shape.

She looked down at the ring on her finger. "I miss you so much Ladybug. The world is at peace, but my heart is still in turmoil." She played with the metal band as she whispered, the cold taking her voice, before it could travel away, into the sky never to be heard.

Gentle footsteps caught her attention. She span around to look into the shadows. Marinette stepped out of them and Eruela gaped at how pretty she looked.

"Hello, Chatón Noir." Marinette met her under the lamps light.

"Marinette?"

"Or you can call me Ladybug."

Y/n smiled and her eyes glistened when she blinked.

"I felt so bad when i rejected going to the ball with you. But i really liked Ladybug. And then she rejected me. But you're both the same person?" Eruela laughed.

Marinette grinned. "I liked you since we first met in the library. I only said no to Chatón Noir because i want Eruela. But you're Chatón Noir and Eruela."

"What a crazy love story we have." Eruela grasped Marinette's hand in her own. "Would you care to dance?" If they listened hard enough they could still hear the music coming from the ball room. "I would love to."

They danced in circles, Eruela taking the lead. She twirled Marinette around swayed side to side with the shorter girl laying on her chest. Marinette twisted again so they faced each other.

Eruela leant forward slightly, stopping when there was still a gap between their faces so Marinette could have a choice if this was what she wanted or not. The last thing she would have wanted was to pressure her into doing anything she wasn't comfortable doing.

Marinette leant upwards and their lips met.