Chapter 1: Meeting a partner for life

It was a beautiful sunny early morning in Yugen, Tokyo as the sunlight shone through the windows of a lovely white mansion with a red roof, grass hedges in the front entrance, and a flower gate leading towards the door.

A sixteen-year-old boy with fair skin, long blonde hair, black eyes, and feline ears sticking out leaning against a tree with his arms crossed. He wore a red silk shirt, matching pants, and grey boots.

"Hey, big brother what you doing out there so early!" A young girl around ten years old called out from a window upstairs."Especially in pajamas," She stated.

"I need some fresh air going for a walk," The boy replied as he started walking off.

"Wait aren't you going to change big brother Ismau?" His sister asked.

"I change later Kei," He muttered as he headed off for a walk.

~~~

Ismau was now walking through the street of his neighborhood deep in thought with his hands behind his head.

"Isamu!" A voice called out from behind.

Isamu turned around to see a familiar fifteen-year-old boy with a peach skin tone who had short ginger hair and green eyes given he was a few months younger than Isamu.

"Oh, morning Haruki," Isamu greeted with a nod.

"That's how you greet your best friend?" Haruki questioned with his arms crossed.

"Sorry rough night," Isamu replied.

"That explains the pajamas and early walk another dream of the past?" Haurki asked concern.

Isamu nodded."Yeah though don't worry about so how have you been?" He asked.

"I have been good buddy ready for next month. I have been training nonstop for the last few months since the summer came for the Unity Academy entrance exam," Haruki stated with a determined expression."Now that we are at the required age of 15 or 16 we can enroll in Unity Academy of course we have to take an entrance exam. How about you?"

"My been training fine I guess," Isamu replied with a shrug.'Anyway catch you around later going to continue my stroll,' He said as he started walking away.

"Yeah maybe we train together tomorrow," Haruki said.

"I don't know," Isamu said with a sigh as he walked off.

'Geez poor guy he still taking it hard. I don't blame it I would do if the same thing happened to me.' Haruki thought concerned as he watched the retreating form of his best friend.

~~~

Ismau sighed as finally decided to head back home deciding he had been out long enough.

'The rest of the family is probably awake and mom must be making breakfast.' Ismau thought.

"Why must I always have that dream especially when it is close to the entrance exam," He muttered to himself kicking the ground.

Then suddenly a strange white and yellow came flying directly towards him making him narrow his eyes in confusion, when the light starting change form into something smaller and the next thing he knew a strange yellow and white decide was in his hand.

"That friend is a digivice you must be Isamu," A pitchy voice said.

Isamu looked down to see a strange creature with a frill on its neck and large brown eyes.

"Hum, Digital Monster might of heard of something like that on the news," Isamu muttered.'Not sure how I feel about this but guess it can't hurt to have a partner."

"Alright, so you got any food?" Friomon asked jumping into Isamu's arms.

Isamu chuckled slightly."Yeah there's food at home let go home and eat hopefully my family won't freak out too much," He commented as he looked down at Friomon."Though I'm still confused why we are made to be my skills don't seem like they would work together."

"Hey we don't know know another we try," Friomon commented.

"Yeah I guess you're right I'm just worried too much," Isamu stated." I just need a nice breakfast to clear my mind," He said as he headed back home with Friomon to have breakfast with his family before his mom got worried he was gone.

'Oh, boy this is going to be strange to explain to my family it has been a couple of years since Digimon was seen on the news.' Ismau thought as he rushed home.

Chapter End!

Here is the first chapter of The Birth of the Forezen Leopard. In this chapter, Ismau and his best friend Haruki talk about other training in preparing for the upcoming entrance exam for Unity Academy now that they are the required age of enrollment. Isamu also meets the in-training form of his fighting partner. next chapter we get more into Isamu preparing for the Unity Academy exam. It also shows a hint that something bad happened in the past for Ismau. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Thanks for reading!

Question of the chapter: What do you think the entrance exam is going to be like?

Word count: 825