Chapter 28

Isis sighed as she slowly slid the bookmark into the book before shutting it. "They didn't mean it as you are thinking, Osiris," she said as she looked down at her son. "Family is a complex and sometimes complicated relationship between people. Now you and I have it easy since you are my son and I will forever be your mom but," she sighed as she thought over the words, "do you remember how I told you Ankhy is not my blood but he is my family? Sometimes he fills in the role of father for me and sometimes it's as an uncle but we do not share the same blood that you and I share?"

"Da," Osiris nodded. "Family not always blood, family is choice."

"Exactly," Isis smiled. "And Auntie is Dakota's mommy and even though Ankhy's nephews call her Momma and we call her Auntie, her and Ankhy are not together. But they are our family."

"They should," Osiris shrugged.

She let out a giggle, "Yes, they should but Ankh is a very stubborn old man. Anyway, North and Lucian are Ankh's blood nephews and the rest are the brothers' best friends so they became family."

"They kiss," Osiris pointed out.

"Yes, because they are a family and that is okay. We love who we love and there is nothing wrong with that. Some people only have one love and some people have two and some have more. Each love is special and as long as they are happy that's all that matters."

"They say you wife me son," Osiris looked back up at her.

"So you told me," she said softly as she turned to look out the window for a moment. "Sometimes adults say things to make a situation better, Puppy, but they don't always mean it. We were already having trouble with that horrible woman and she was saying some not very nice things about me and lying about me and Ankhy being a family since I didn't grow up with Ankhy a lot. She refused to believe the truth and since the men are related to Ankh they said that so they could get you out of there as fast as possible. I can't be mad at them for protecting you the way they did because that is what a real family would do and I will never be mad at you for looking up at respectable and honorable men. Ankh and Auntie raised them the way all men should treat women, children, and families. They were doing the right thing so no, Puppy, I'm not mad at them and never at you. But you need to understand that what they said at the same time is not true. I am not their wife and you are not their son but we are family."

He thought it over for a second then asked, "I sill say Papa?"

She smiled softly, "I think they will be okay with it as long as you understand it's just a nickname. They are not your Papas or Daddies."

"Pretend?"

"Sure," she offered softly. "I'm sure they will be okay with that."

"Why you say no they wife, Mommy?"

"Well that's easy," She beamed brightly. "Because my heart is already taken by you. You are the most important person in the world to me and I promised the day I became your mommy that I will love only you, even into Duat. So there is no reason for me to be anyone's wife when my soul and heart already belong to you. You are all I will ever need or love."

Osiris giggled, "I share you, Mommy."

"Now that sounds like a good idea," Sean smirked as he walked over to them with North following behind. She eyed the bag with suspicion and distaste which made Sean chuckle. "Uncle asked me to place a patch on you, Sweetheart."

"I'm fine," She said through clenched teeth.

"Knock knock," Marc smiled as he rapped his knuckles on a bookshelf. "Uncle was saying he needed some help making tacos and wings. Do one of you want to help him?"

"Me!!! Me do it!" Osiris shouted as he hopped down from Isis' lap.

"Okay," Sean said as he slipped some gloves on. "Where's the best place for this, Sweetheart?"

"I said I'm fine," she glared at him.

"I heard you," Sean nodded as he sat on the ottoman before her. "But I also know that Uncle told me that you will refuse as much as possible. I'm only trying to help, Isis, and strictly on a professional stance, I promise. I just want to help ease your pain if I can."

She sighed before muttering, "I can't."

"Can't?" North asked, "why not?"

"I locked up," she closed her eyes so she didn't have to see their reactions.

"Oh, okay," Sean said gently. "May we have permission to touch you in order to help, please?"

Her eyes opened in shock and once her brain registered they were completely serious, she let out a breath of relief, "thank you."

"You're welcome, Baby," North said as he took a step closer to her. "Where does Doc need to put the pain patch?"

"My back shoulder," she whispered.

"Okay, I'm going to move you forward," North told her. "I'm sorry if I hurt you."

"Mouthguard," she blurted out. He looked at her curiously as a small blush crept up her neck. "I tend to bite when the pain gets bad when Ankh moves me."

Both men chuckled, "you can bite me all you want, Baby," North smirked as he put his hand on her thigh and watched her reaction. A small whimper left her as he put his hand on the lower part of her back. He forced himself not to react as he scooted her closer to him and her mouth latched onto his collarbone. "Shhh, you're okay, Baby," he murmured as he felt her bite down harder until he got her where she was facing Sean instead of how she was sitting sideways on the settee. "I got you, Baby."

"Okay, Isis, I'm going to lift your shirt and place the patch," Sean explained as he moved behind her.

"Bite, Baby," North murmured as he held her and ran his fingers through her hair. "I got you." He felt her start to suck, causing him to bite his bottom lip to prevent himself from moaning.

"Okay, Isis," Sean said as he gently pulled her shirt back down. "It should start working soon. I also have your stuff if you will allow North to carry you outside to smoke."

A whimper left her so North picked her up, allowing Sean to wrap her legs around North's waist. "Get Axel," North whispered, "he can prep it for her." He gripped the back of her neck and lower back, keeping her attached to him. "Come on, Babygirl, let's go sit outside on the swing."