Chapter Twleve

Vivian

Then all of a sudden, the door burst open, Dominic stormed into the room, his expression a mask of fury as he tackled Sergei to the ground, restraining him with expert precision. I watched in silence, a sense of relief flooding through me.

I stepped back, my breath coming in short, ragged gasps as I watched Dominic secure Sergei's hands with handcuffs. The sight of him, subdued and helpless, filled me with a strange mixture of satisfaction and disgust. He had thought he could use me for his own gain. But now, he was the one at my mercy.

As Dominic led Sergei away, his expression hard and determined, I felt a sense of pride swell within me. Together, we had achieved our objective, neutralizing a dangerous threat and when we bring him back to Dominic's warehouse, we'll gather the information.

Dominic had Sergei tied securely to a chair in the middle of the warehouse, his face bruised and bloodied from the initial confrontation. The dim lighting cast harsh shadows across the room, adding an air of foreboding to the scene. Dominic and I stood side by side, our expressions cold and unyielding.

I stepped forward, my heels clicking sharply against the concrete floor. Leaning in, I grabbed Sergei's face, forcing him to look directly into my eyes. "Who do you work for?" I demanded, my voice low and dangerous.

Sergei's eyes flickered with a mix of defiance and fear. He hesitated, his lips pressing into a thin line as if weighing his options.

"I asked you a question," I snapped, tightening my grip on his face. "Who. Do. You. Work. For?"

For a moment, it seemed like he might crack. His eyes darted around the room, searching for an escape that didn't exist. But then, in a sudden act of defiance, he spat directly in my face, the wet spray landing on my cheek with a sickening splatter.

Rage boiled up inside me, and without thinking, I drew back my fist and punched him square in the jaw. His head snapped to the side, and a groan of pain escaped his lips. But I wasn't finished. Reaching into my boot, I pulled out a knife and, with precise and brutal efficiency, drove it into his thigh.

Sergei screamed, the sound echoing through the warehouse. Blood oozed from the wound, staining his pants and pooling on the floor.

"Who do you work for?" I repeated, my voice icy and calm despite the fury burning within me.

Through gritted teeth and labored breaths, Sergei finally muttered, "Mikhail Morozov... the Russian mafia leader."

"Was he the one who sent a sniper after me?" I demanded, my voice unwavering despite the intensity of the moment. "Did he order the attack that nearly killed Dominic and his brother?"

Sergei's eyes widened in fear and pain, and he let out a strained whimper. "Yes," he gasped, his voice barely audible. "Morozov... he wanted you both dead. Said you were threats... to his operation."

I glanced over at Dominic, who was watching intently, his jaw clenched in fury. The revelation confirmed our suspicions, but it did nothing to quell the anger that simmered between us.

"Why?" I asked, my tone sharp and demanding. "Why does he want us dead?"

Sergei coughed, blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. "You and Dominic... you're expanding your territories. Cutting into his profits. He sees you both as... obstacles. Dangerous ones."

Dominic stepped closer, his presence a looming shadow of retribution. "Where is he now?" he growled, his voice a low rumble that sent a shiver down my spine.

Sergei hesitated, the fear in his eyes growing more pronounced. "I-I don't know," he stammered. "He moves around constantly. Keeps his location secret, even from his own men."

I could see the frustration building in Dominic's posture, the tension radiating off him in waves. I knew we needed more, but Sergei seemed to be on the edge of breaking completely.

"You're going to tell us everything you know about Morozov," I said, my voice steady as I leaned in closer to Sergei. "Every hideout, every contact, every plan. If you hold anything back, I promise you'll regret it."

Sergei nodded frantically, the pain and fear etched deeply into his features. "Okay, okay," he panted. "I'll tell you everything. Just... just don't kill me."

Dominic and I exchanged a look, a silent agreement passing between us. This was just the beginning.

"Tell us everything you know," I demanded once more, gripping his face tighter. "Every detail, no matter how small."

Sergei swallowed hard, a pained groan escaping his lips. "Morozov... he has safe houses... scattered across the city," he began, his voice trembling. "But he's paranoid. Never stays in one place for long. He communicates through intermediaries, changes his patterns constantly."

Dominic's jaw tightened, his frustration palpable. "Names. Locations."

Sergei nodded, his eyes flicking to Dominic. "There's a place... an old warehouse on the east side. Sometimes he uses it for meetings. And a man named Viktor, he's one of Morozov's top enforcers. If anyone knows where Morozov is, it's him."

"Where can we find Viktor?" I pressed, my patience wearing thin.

Sergei hesitated, the fear in his eyes growing. "He frequents a club... called The Velvet Room. He's always surrounded by guards, always on alert."

I glanced at Dominic, who gave a curt nod. It wasn't much, but it was a start. We had a location and a name.

I straightened, releasing my grip on Sergei's face. "Any last words?" I asked, my tone cold and detached.

Sergei's eyes blazed with a sudden defiance. "Burn in hell," he spat, his voice filled with venom. "Morozov will take everything from you. Your families, your lives. He'll make you suffer, make you feel every bit of pain and loss before he kills you."

His words hung in the air, a chilling promise of the chaos to come. Dominic's expression darkened, his fists clenched at his sides. I could feel the anger simmering within me, a cold fury that only grew stronger with each passing second.

"Funny" I said, my voice steady and resolute, "because we're coming for him. And we won't stop until he's nothing but a memory."

Dominic stepped forward, his eyes never leaving Sergei's. "And you," he said, his voice low and dangerous, "won't be around to see it."

Before Sergei could react, Dominic drew his gun and fired. The sound echoed through the warehouse, and Sergei slumped in the chair, his lifeless eyes staring into nothingness.

Dominic holstered his gun, turning to me with a resolute expression. "It's done. Now we move on to Viktor and find Morozov."

As we exited the warehouse, the determination between us was palpable. Morozov had made his move, and now it was our turn to strike back with everything we had.

We were ready for war.