THIRTY THREE

{unedited}

If he did anything , she'd report him to papa and take him to court unless he killed her immediately afterward.

His hand lifted to which she immediately took notice and stilled so steadily rigid with her eye shut so tight the folds on her eyelids were evident , the display took Marcelo completely by surprise.

This was the first time he'd seen a woman recoil in such panic around him because of his advances in light of the tension of attraction between the both of them. Bearing the personal fact that the odd strength of attraction he felt for her was a new kind for him.

He'd guessed her probable lack of experience before but now , he was more than certain of her novelty in the small push and pull game he'd thought to play with her; concerning her own pleasure.

Marcelo's hand lowered to his side into his pocket.

Geneva's skin had a rush of standing hair on her skin as she felt him shift. She could feel him at the side of her head her eyes still shut.

" you only had to speak up, me drinking tea while we discussed bothered you." He let her know in his rich voice beside her ear and straightened. She felt his body leave and opened her eyes . Shoulders dropped as she breathed in and out with depth.

" come ." He called her to his desk , already seated behind his work table. The grey blinds directly opposite his seated area had remained open . Casting natural light into that part of the room.

At her hesitant gaze, he smiled softly at her in encouragement, her eyes widened at his new expression that had her racing heart spasm.

" there's no drink here." He pointed out , elbows on the flat length of smooth white surface holding his laced fingers flat with him chin on above in air " you have my undivided attention." He gently teased.

" that's not " his gaze laughed at her obvious lie and she finished the end of her line in a mummer " what I meant. "

With an incline of his head toward the seat opposite his on the other side of his working table, Geneva took a deep breath and moved back into the room.

Seated, with the hard resilient obstacle of his working area between them, she glanced up and met his gaze that was already on her. And she inwardly groaned at herself. His goddam eyes. Even if he wore shades she bet she'd still feel their attentively unwavering weight on her.

" thank you for having me ." She begun anew . Her shoulders strait and pushed back just right as she faced him and aligned her mind on the reasons as to why she was in his office in the first place.

" the pleasure is all mine Geneva."

A cut node to his statement paved way for her next words. No longer willing to dilly dally any longer.

" it's not my intention to sound unselective or over myself with what I'm about to say ," she paused briefly, giving him a glance over " why are you taking me under your wing ?"

It was something she needed to know.

" you doubt the idea of me doing it out of benevolence?"

She gave him a blank look . "I don't think it's out of the goodness of your heart . You barely know me to extend this extent of a favor."

He leaned back.

" and yet," he opened a drawer and picked up a sleek laptop from below, placing it on the flat surface. " I am ."

She nodded.

" does that mean I'm indebted to you after all this is done?" Geneva inquired , not buying the gesture to be one of pure good will mindedness.