Broken Promises pt.2 - Mark Estapa

1166 words
If there's any spelling errors sorry I didn't check cause I've delayed this for so long. I lowkey ran out of ideas for it but don't worry there will be a pt 3. But thanks for reading it and I need requests for more imagines!!!
~~~

I felt like shit, it had been a week and a half since Luke saw me and Mark kissing and he still hadn't spoken a single word to me. I knew I fucked up but I couldn't help it, I don't mean to be cliche but- come on I mean look at him.

I had barely gone to my room, not wanting to bump into Luke and somehow piss him off more. I didn't want to avoid him but I also didn't want to somehow ruin everything yet again.

Every summer my brothers and I had a little volleyball tournament. My team always won since I was the only one who actually played volleyball, I quit my senior year of high school but still. Luke and I had always been a team, we were the twins obviously we were always on each other's teams.

But this time it was different, we were at the volleyball net our mom had set up for us in the backyard and all of our friends were watching us like always. I stood on the side Luke and I always took, but this time Luke didn't go with me.

"Wait- Luke it's always me and Quinn against you and y/n, you can't break that tradition," Jack complained. Luke rolled his eyes.

"I'm not on her team anymore. Deal with it," Luke said somewhat coldly. I was glad I had my sunglasses in at the moment cause I could feel the tears build up. I ruined my friendship with my twin, I ruined it.

"I call y/n then!" Quinn said. I softly giggled.

"Hey! I think I should choose who I want on my team," I said with an obviously fake smile.

"We all know who you're gonna choose then," Quinn said, rolling his eyes in a joking way. I chose Jack, and when the game started it was good for about ten minutes. Jack and I were winning and then Luke spiked the ball and it hit my nose.

"Shit!" I yelled out as blood ran down my face. Okay I'm being a little dramatic, it was a good amount of blood but it wasn't coming out fast. I pinched my nose as I went into the house quickly. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped up the blood on me then used the paper towel to pinch my nose too.

"Y/n are you okay?" Quinn asked while he walked inside, I looked out the screen door and saw Jack giving Luke shit for the hit. I nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine, it's just karma I guess," I said softly. I saw Ellie waiting outside looking in, she noticed Quinn and I were having a little brother-sister moment and didn't come in.

"Y/n stop doing that."

"Doing what?"

"Giving yourself shit for what happened. Luke is being dramatic, so what if you and Mark did whatever. You can't help it when you like someone, so for the love of all things good please stop acting like you ruined everything because you didn't."

I looked at Quinn, tears forming in my eyes.

"I'm such a bad sister Quinn, Luke and I had a deal- a promise, and I broke it." Quinn wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back like he used to when we were younger and the other two boys made me cry.

"You're not a bad sister, don't you ever say that again. You're always there for the three of us, you always make sure we get home safe after games, you text us good morning and good night all the time. You're the best sister any of us could've asked for. Luke is just an idiot." That got the waterworks started.

I cried in Quinn's arms for a bit before going to my room to change and clean the blood off my clothes. After a bit I went back downstairs to watch a movie with everyone, we always watched the three pitch perfect movies, Ellie and I always reenacted the songs for the guys. It was fun and by this point we memorized most of the choreography.

"Alright movies in, Luke's getting the snacks. I think that's everything," Jack said, I nodded along mindlessly.

"I don't think I'm gonna do what I usually do, I'm just not feeling it tonight," I say. Everyone looked at me like they were slightly upset but all nodded along and said okay.

When Luke came back with the snacks he put them on the coffee table and sat in his seat. We watched the first movie before I told everyone I was tired and went up to my room. Only a couple minutes later there was a knock on my door.

"Come in" I call out. To my surprise it was Luke who walked in. Luke then sat on the edge of my bed and looked at me.

"Sorry for being a dick," he said softly.

"Sorry for hooking up with your best friend."

"Don't be, I shouldn't have gotten upset, I knew he liked you."

"No way." Luke softly laughed at that.

"He would talk about you all the time, it kinda got annoying. If you two want to be something go ahead, don't let me stop you because I'm an idiot."

"Yeah... so about that... we ended things- well I ended things."

"What? When?"

"A few days ago, I called him because I wasn't going to be a bitch and text about it. I don't think he's planning on coming back here for the rest of summer." I was upset, more upset than I was showing. I really liked Mark and I thought it would be better if we broke it off but apparently Luke was completely fine with it too late.

"Was he okay? Are you okay?"

"He sounded hurt... I feel like shit though. I mean, I really really liked him Luke, and he treated me like I was everything... I can't believe I actually broke it off." I sat there just trying to unscramble my emotions.

Luke hugged me, a genuine hug too. I hugged him back.

"I'm sorry for being an ass, if I hadn't been stupid you and Mark would be a thing and you would be happy. You deserve to be happy after Ben." I sigh softly at his words.

Ben was my asshole ex, we dated for like two years when I found out he was cheating basically the whole time. My brothers threatened to kill him every time he showed up to our house to apologize. One time Jack and him actually got into a fist fight, Jack won obviously.

"I just wish I could take it all back, I miss Mark's daily good morning texts," I frown softly, that's obviously not the only thing I miss about Mark. I miss his smile, his laugh, and really everything about him. But I did what was best for me and my twin, or so I thought.