Chapter Twenty: Don't Worry Darling

I stood there in the police station looking at the girl I once knew...

"Jelly Bean," I said using the nickname I had for her.

"Unnie?! You came?!" She said softly looking up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Of course I did Jelly Bean. What happened" I asked her bending down in front of her.

"My friend ditched me and blamed me for something. I have been running with the wrong crowd." She said as I wiped her tears.

"Tell me your friend's name and I will take care of it," I said looking at her. Nobody's ever hurt my jellybean.

"Samantha Jones, KC Walker, and Kelly Smith." She said as I heard someone walking up to us.

"Look Ryan I know she is a good kid. She was just running with the wrong crowd. I will drop the charges." The officer said as I got up and turned to look at him.

"Thank you, Clark," I said smiling at me

"I would take a look at Samantha Jones, KC Walker, and Kelly Smith. They are the ones who did all the work and blamed it on her." I said looking at him.

"Will do." He said nodding his head.

"Great. Come on Lily let's get you cleaned up." I said walking over to her.

Lily nodded her head taking my hand as we walked out of the police station.

*********

Lily and I were at my house. I had given her some clothes and some food to eat.

"Why did you call me and not your brother," I asked her as sat down next to her.

"Because I knew you would not judge me. Luke would just yell at me." She said playing with her food.

"Lily Luke and I are not on good terms anymore," I said to her as she nodded her head.

"I know he is a jealous idiot who can't except the fact that you have moved on. I have not seen him since we moved here." She said looking at me.

"What do you mean? What happened to your mom?!"I asked her looking at her confused.

"She died last year. That's why Luke made me move to Kansas. I have enough money saved up I am going to leave." She said as she got from the table.

"Are you sure?" I asked her to do the same.

"Yes and don't worry I promise you I won't tell Luke anything." She said   smiling softly. I walked up to her giving her a hug when my door opened.

We looked over to see my brother and Patrick standing in the doorway looking at us we were still warped in each other's arms.

"Hey princess who is this?" Travis asked me looking at Lily.

"Hi, I am Lily Choi." She said pulling away from our hug.

"Nice to meet you," Travis said walking over to shake her hand.

"Wait your last name sounds familiar," Patrick said walking over to her.

"Yes, you might know my psychotic stepbrother Luke." She said causing me to laugh. "Trust me I am nothing like that psychopath."