Chapter Ten: Oh My

There I was sitting in a restaurant with my boyfriend, my brother, and my friend, looking at the face of the person who had tormented me throughout high school........

"Ohh umm. I will be right back."Ava said walking away.

"What where did she go?! I didn't even get to order my drink!" Travis said making me kick him under his seat.

" Ow! What was that for?!"He asked looking at me as he rubbed his leg.

"Why did she leave before she took our orders?" Haley asked confused.

" That's Ava. The girl who used to bully me in high school." I said looking at them. Travis's face grew mad.

"That's the girl who hurt you?!" He asked raising his voice and causing people to look at us.

" Yes, no Travis please keep your voice down! I don't want to make this awkward." I said giving him the look that always got him to shut up.

"Ok fine." He said as a new waitress came up to us.

"Hi, I am Millie. Ava had an emergency so I will be taking over for her. Can I get you any drinks?"

"I will have a daft and she will have a sprite," Patrick said ordering for both of us.

" I will take a water."

" I  will have a daft," Travis said the waitress nodded her head before walking away.

" I will be right back," I said getting up and walking out of the restaurant. Seeing Ava made me feel guilty for not telling them the whole truth maybe I should.

Travis's P.O.V.

I watched as Ryan walked away from the table. I could tell there was something more she wanted to say but was scared to speak. I will admit I was mad that she kept all the secrets from me all these years, but then part of me understood
why.

"Why do I get the feeling like she is hiding something more things from us?"Haley said looking at us.

"She will tell us when she is ready. We can't rush her into telling us something if she is not ready." Patrick said looking at her.

"Pat is right. I mean I have been so busy with football that I never truly gave her the time to talk to me. Now that I think about it there would be times she would call me but I never had time for her. It was not until she moved to Kansas where I finally made time for her but then it was too late."

"How can you all be cool with this? I love Ryan but Travis you claim that you and Ryan tell each other everything but yet she didn't tell you that she was dating someone for six years and that she was bullied! For all we know she could be hiding more things from us." Haley said getting mad.

I didn't say anything to her I just got up and walked out of the restaurant to find Ryan sitting on one of the tables outside crying.

"Princess," I said walking up to her and taking her into my arms. I could feel her body shaking and I knew she was in pain.

"Princess please open up to me. If there is anything else you have to tell me please don't keep it from me anymore." I said pulling away from the hug and wiping away her tears.

" I don't want you to hate me for keeping these secrets from you." She said softly.

"No matter what you say I will never hate you," I said looking at her.

"So as you know I was bullied. I wanted to tell you but you were busy with college I didn't want to bother you and about Luke I was going to tell you about him once we both moved to Kansas but we ended up breaking up." She said as I took her hand in mine.