Chapter 18

Anemone dropped three cauldrons on the cave floor, one for water, the other two for food. "FOOD!" Umber exclaimed. "Tell us everything!" Ostrich said. "There's been a lot," Anemone said. And so, Anemone explained everything, about someone trying to kill her, about Turtoise, about the egg, and more. "Okay, so your mother is even more terrifying than I thought," Kinkajou said. "No, she's not! She's a great queen!" Anemone said. "Sure, except for the part where she's killing off all her daughters," Kinkajou said. "What? No way!" Anemone snapped. "Just think about it," Kinkajou explained, "The murders didn't start until after her first daughter tried to kill her, she realized if she had more, her life could be a risk at any time,"
"With no daughters, and no sisters, no one will ever be able to challenge her for the throne," Moon said. "But she loves her daughters! She's so protective of Tsunami!" Anemone said. "Yeah, to make herself look innocent," Kinkajou said. "How could she kill anyone- Or attack me- With Tsunami attached to her?" Anemone said, defending Queen Coral. "I think it's Shark, Tortoise pointed at him before she died, he was at The Deep Palace before the council, he could have distracted Tortoise with the octopus, then used a secret tunnel into the hatchery."
"But what's his motive? You said he's the queen's brother? And he has a daughter?" Moon asked. "Yes, Moray," Anemone said. And image of the SeaWing popped in Anemone's thoughts, Moray was smug, and was a perfect, boring that can do no wrong, as well as drippy, fatuous, and uninteresting, Anemone believes her to be strange. "I don't know what happens if a queen dies without an heir, but the throne could go to her niece," Moon said. "If Moray might inherit the throne, then maybe she's killing the dragonets," Umber said. "Only sisters and daughters can issue a challenge, her only possible path to becoming queen is for Coral to die naturally, without heirs" Moon said. "She does hate me and Tsunami, and she basically worships our mother," Anemone muttered. "Whirlpool sounds like the kind of toad who'd kill a baby dragon," Kinkajou pointed out. "Why would he do it?"Ostrich asked. "If he wants to be king, he needs to ensure he marries the winning challenger," Moon said. "Ew, ew, ew, ew, EW, no, and furthermore, NO!" Anemone exclaimed. "Maybe it Blister," Ostrich pointed out. "What? Why? Queen Coral is her ally," Anemone said, "And she can't be killing the eggs! She can't breathe underwater!"
"She could have a partner," Ostrich said. "We haven't even met her, I mean she might not be that kind of dragon. . ." Moon pitched in. "I just don't trust her, it's a feeling," Ostrich said. "Anemone, it doesn't seem like you're safe here, maybe we should go," Umber said. "Or- we could go, you can stay if you really want to," Kinkajou said. "No, I'm not leaving this egg!" Ostrich exclaimed, "And we can't split up, we have to fulfill the prophecy together!"
"I agree with Ostrich, plus we have to meet Blister, that was the whole point of coming here," Moon said. "Then you should stay with us tonight, so we can keep each other safe," Umber said. Thank the moons! Anemone thought. "Alright,  then I can help protect the egg, too," Anemone said. "Yay!" Ostrich exclaimed. The four quickly fell asleep, and Anemone went to sleep with them. It's so hard fitting in with the other SeaWings, Anemone thought, I wish Mother was more like the queen from The Missing Princess. . .
She was so happy to see me at first, but sometimes she scares me. . .
But this feels right.
Anemone crouched with the other four dragonets and began to fall asleep immediately. Oh, I forgot to tell them. . . About Kestrel, Anemone thought. Before Anemone could tell the four about Kestrel, the dragonets had already fallen asleep, and Anemone began to doze off     herself. . .