Chapter 1

3 years ago..
"Mum, were are we going" I ask. "somewhere fun sweety" she says. "Ashton do you know" I ask. "nope" he says. "fine" I say as I rest my head on his shoulder and drift off to sleep. the next thing I know I'm laying in the freezing snow on the ground. I sit up to see Ashton laying next to me. his face cut up along with a huge gash on his leg. "Ashton! Ash wake up, please" my voice cracks as tears fall down my face. my face starts to sting and I nimbly touch it with my fingers I have two gashes on my left cheek. "ow" i whisper as I help Ashton up and I slip my arm around his waist. he leans into me. we soon find my mom and dad lying on the ground. they were pretty banged up, my mom was internally bleeding from her left side and my dads skull was cracked open also bleeding heavily. their lips were blue, they weren't breathing. that's when I broke down in sobs and Ashton held me tightly, his tears dripped onto my hair. "they're.... well, they-they a-are d-dead" he said and I slowly nodded. I looked up and through my blurry eyes I could see a small figure in the snow a few feet away from us. it was moving slightly. "Harry!" I yell as I trudge over to him. His lips were blue. he had a cut in his chest. "h-harry, sweety, y-you will be okay" I said through gritted teeth, trying not to burst into tears. "J-Jade I-I l-love y-you s-sis" he said. that's when I started crying again. " I love you too Harry" I said. I pulled his tiny body into mine and hugged him tightly. "I'm sorry Harry" I said as I stroked his golden blonde hair. "it's not your fault Jade..." he said and he stopped breathing. "No no no! Harry no!" I cried as the paramedics yanked him from my arms. I got up and started to run after them but Ashton stopped me. "no" I cried into Ashton's shoulder. "he is to young to die" I whisper.
"It's not your fault Jade" - those are the words I will remember for the rest of my life.
-present day-
Jade's pov
"Jade we have to go you are meeting my band members today" Ashton yells from downstairs. I put my black arm sleeves over my arms to cover my cuts and I tie my black converse. "I'm coming ashton" I yell as I shut my door and run down the stairs. "It's about time" he teases. "I'm a girl Ash" I say. "reason enough" he says as we get into his car. as he drives we listen to Master of puppets by Metallica. His friend Luke, I think his name was, his house isn't that far from ours. "big house" I say. "tall boy" Ashton says and I laugh. we get out of the car and Ashton knocks on the door. a Tall boy with Ice blue eyes and blonde hair opened the door. "who is this pretty girl Ashton?" he says with a smirk. "my sister, Luke" Ashton says while shooting a glare at Luke as I blush. "I'm not pretty" I mumble but Luke heard me. "yes you are" he says "come on inside" I smile at him as I step inside. Ashton quickly follows me. "I didn't catch your name" Luke says from behind me. I turn around so I'm looking directly up into his Bright blue eyes. "Jade is my name" I say. "cool name" he says and I smile. "Thanks" I say. "okay Jade, lets go" he says as he takes my hand and we walk into the living room were two other boys were sitting on the couch. one had Smurf blue hair with green eyes. the other boy had Justin beiber styled hair that was such a dark shade of brown it almost looked black and he has dark brown eyes. they both smiled at me and stood up. " I'm Michael Clifford and that's Calum Hood" he pointed to the brown haired boy. "Hi Michael and Calum, I'm Jade" I say. "so your the sister that Ashton constantly worries about" Calum says. "Can you sing?" Michael asks. "if you want me to" I say. "yes!" They say in unison. they take me out to Luke's garage were my brother was sitting at his drums. "hey sissy" he says and I stick my tongue out at him. "Jade is gonna sing!" Luke yells. "what song?" Michael asks. "Heroine by sleeping with sirens" I say. "okay" they say as I walk up to the microphone. they start playing.

My eyes roll back
The ceiling fades
I breathe you in
Exalt your flames
Let's lose our minds
Come here to me
We're wasting time
Darling can you hear me?

Heroine my sweetest sin
I can't seem to get enough
Pull me under, wake me up
Feel the rush
Morphine, lover make me numb
Make it so I can't get up
Paper thin 'til you sink in
Could you be my heroine?

Do you feel exposed?
Let your feelings show
Can I taste you, can I replace you?
I need to know
Let's lose our minds
Please stay with me
We're wasting, yeah
We're wasting time
Why don't you believe me?

Heroine my sweetest sin
I can't seem to get enough
Pull me under, wake me up
Feel the rush
Morphine lover make me numb
Make it so I can't get up
Paper thin 'til you sink in
Could you be my heroine?

It starts with the spins
Yeah you got me swimming
I'm falling to pieces and I won't be whole until you let me in
Until you let me in
Until you let me in
Until you let me in oh

Heroine my sweetest sin
I can't seem to get enough
Pull me under, wake me up
Feel the rush
Morphine lover make me numb
Make it so I can't get up
Paper thin 'til you sink in
Could you be my heroine?

My heroine
My heroine
Could you be my heroine?

When the song ends they stand there in awe. "your amazing" Luke says. "hell to the yeah" Michael says. "truly great" Calum and Ashton says. I blush and smile a dimpled smile. Luke comes over and taps his finger on my nose lightly. "your dimples make you even cuter" he whispers for only me to hear. "your cute too Luke" I smile. he smiles back.
~~~
When they finish practice Luke walks over to me and sits next to me on the couch in The garage. "hey" he says. "hi, Hemmings " I say. "how do you know my last name?" He asks. "Calum" I say. "oh" he says. "well um, Jade I was wondering if you would want to go on a date with me tonight" he asks. " uh...shure, were to?" I say. "Starbucks?" He says. " I love Starbucks!" I say sarcastically and he smiles and we both laugh. "Ashton can I go to Starbucks with Luke?" I ask. "shure sis" he says.

Ashton's pov

"Shure sis" I say and she smiles as her and Luke link hands. I felt happy and relieved that she finally is going out to do something with someone else besides me, Alice or Jayden. I just hope she doesn't get hurt.

Jade's pov
I get into Luke's  black Mercedes Benz. "nice car" I say. "thanks" he says and he turns his keys to start the car. once it started up the kids aren't alright by the offspring blasted into the speakers. " I love this song" I say. "you have good taste then" Luke says and we both smile. Starbucks was about a 10-15 minute drive from Luke's house. once we got there we both ordered cafe vanilla frappé chinos. we got our drinks and sat down in a love seat. "so, Jade lets play 20 questions, I ask you first then you ask me" he says. "okay, ask away" I say.