Chapter 8

-----3 hours later...
I fell asleep on Luke's shoulder during the car ride back from the mall, I was so tired.
When I closed my eyes and I was trapped in a tank, slowly filling up with water. I looked out of the glass and saw my dead father staring back at me, with a devilish grin on his face. I panicked. Thrashing my legs inside the already half filled tank. I tried to scream but no noise came out. I tried to punch through the glass but my hand over extended and tears flowed out of my eyes as I silently cried. I felt something shaking my body. "Jade...stop...dreaming" were the only words I heard before my eyes flew open, blurred by actual tears. I was curled up in Luke's lap, bawling my eyes out. He was holding my tight to his chest. "What...I-I was d-drowning h-how a-am I..." I said between sobs. " it's okay baby, your safe. You were only dreaming, your safe" Luke whispered as he rubbed my back. I just then realized that we were still in the car. "Nia?" I squeaked. "I'm right here love" she said while smiling at me through the little mirror above the car radio. "I'm sorry you guys had to witness one of my outburst nightmares" I said weakly, still thinking about my hellish father looking at me through the glass. I quivered. " you okay Babe?" Luke asked. "Yeah, just cold" I said with a weak smile on my face. Luke smiled back and wrapped his arms around me.
---after car ride---
We opened the already un-locked door slowly to make sure nobody was inside. We slowly walked inside our hotel room. Nothing was moved. Everything was as we left it. Nia walked into the couch room and gasped. We ran over and that's when I saw him. My brother was sitting on the couch looking straight at me, his eyes were red and puffy with dark circles under them. He must have been crying for a while. Tears started falling down my face and Luke his me behind him. "What are you doing here?" Luke growled. Ashton stood up and walked over to us. I started shaking crazily and my knees bucked as I fell to the ground, tears blurring my vision. "Jade please listen to me I'm begging you, I-I didn't mean to hit you, I-I was j-just so mad... I-I'm s-so sorry" Ashton sobbed as he knelt to the ground next to me. "Oh,Ashton" I sobbed as I turned and hugged him. He tightly squeezed me, and in a good way. "Come on guys" I said to Nia and Luke who were just standing there. They joined the hug and we sat there on the floor hugging eachother .