My Dilemma - Chapter 10

I heard my phone buzz. I flipped it open expecting a text message from Ehleyn.

Could you please Hurry up? As expected, it was a text from her. I can even feel her irritation through her text.

I didn't bother to reply to her text message. I Ggrabbed my keys and wallet off the table and shove it into my pocket with my phone. I took a last quick glance in the mirror to see my reflection. I hesitated for a moment. I wonder if I chose the right clothers to wear. I decided to wear a pair of jeans and a plaid shirt. I don't need to wear a dress, right? 

I made a mental note that next time, I would ask Ehleyn where we will go to know what I should wear. SIGH. It took me an hour and a half thinking and choosing for an outfit. I felt anxious for a moment. It's not like I want to get myself embarrased on my very first date! Firs impression lasts, as the motto says.

I heard my phone buzz once more. But I just ignored it knowing it's just Ehleyn. I hurried outsiede my room. I ran into the stairs and hallway carefully. Making sure I wouldn't stumble into anything. Honestly, I don't need to hurry. But knowing Ehleyn, she won't stop texting me, not until I go outside and be satisfied. 

I shut and locked the door behind me. I stepped out our front porch and I saw Ehleyn leaning on her black car that's parked in our driveway. I checked her attire, I sighed in relief seeing she also chose to wear a casual one.

"Finally!" she said in an exasperated voice as if she waited for me for hours already. She hurried towards me and grabbed my arm. Literally pullin me into the car. 

"Why are you in a hurry?" I glanced at her as she opened the car and pushed me into the passenger seat. I wait for her until she hopped in the driver seat. She started the engine and drove into the street as quickly as she could.

"I don't want to be late in our first date." she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I can't think of a response, so instead, I just stared at the window. Realizaation flushed in me. OUR FIRST DATE. I thought. I sighed nervously.

 "Stop sighing and don't be so nervous." She said patting my shoulder.

"It's my first date Ehleyn. My first date ever with anybody!" I said.

"Not just with ANYBODY Chloe! First date! And your first date is Zayn Malik!" she said exitedly. She looked at me. Her eyes are wide full with excitement. 

"Focus on the road! Everybody knows you're not a good driver." I said. And she turned her gaze back in the road.

"Ha! Atleast I know how to drive. Unlike you."

"It's better to be safe in the passenger seat all the time than to be a RECKLESS DRIVER!" I told her emphasizing the words RECKLESS DRIVER.

"Hey I am not a re- AH!" The car came into a sudden halt as a cat passed by and was almost hit by Ehleyn.

The cat stared at us, actually, in the car. And when it realized what happened, it continued walking until it reached the pavement. And stared at us again.

“It’s the cat’s fault! It’s not walking in the pedestrian! And I didn’t saw it!” She said defensively. Starting to drive again, but slower than usual.

“As if that cat knows what a pedestrian is.” I said sarcastically.

“It’s owner must train his or her cat if he or she knows it loiters around into the street!” she said. I just rolled my eyes. She’s so stubborn. She don’t want to admit that she almost hit a cat.